New head unit. Music only plays when hearing the door chime.

Mikeyp858

Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
I just installed the pioneer AVH-X3500BHS and everything seems to be wired up correctly, but when i turn the car on music will only play on the startup chime or when only the battery is on and the door is open when it is also chiming. I cannot figure out what is causing this. I also have the viper 5901 remote start + security. I know that it is wired in the door sensors cause it will tell me when a door is left open, just wondering if this could have something to do with this. Please help me solve this issue.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
You've probably already done this, but first things first double check your wiring on the harness. Is it a brand new harness? Where did you purchase it?

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Not a fix, but some info.
You must have the bose system. The amplifier is supposed to come on with the radio. Evidently it is not.
The amp also comes on for the chimes and dings because they play through the front left dash speaker. So when the chimes play - amp is on - you hear radio.
You have to figure why your adapter isn't turning the amp on.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Figure anything out?
Not sure how this'll post here, but here's and schematic of the radio plugs.

There's only one pink wire. That's the wire to turn on the amp when the radio is on.
Did that get hooked up to your adapter?
Almost positive that's the wire that's causing trouble. If it's not hooked to your adapter or your adapter isn't passing it through perhaps you could bypass the adapter with just the pink wire. (I think that's what I'd do if everything else is working fine)

Mikeyp858

Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
It has to be an issue with the amp. That's exactly what it seems like, I'm not getting power from the amp. There sending me a new gmos unit tomorrow. I'll also make sure that pink wire is connected. I'll update later. Thank you all for the help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online