New flowmaster muffler?

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys, i was up at advanced auto parts the other day.. i noticed that they sell flowmaster mufflers. i wondered if i should buy one. does anyone have one on their truck or know anyone who does.. the price was $80, i wouldnt mind trying it but i dont want it to not make any sound difference.
I have my resonator delete done which made alittle sound diff.
Any help, input, or thoughts is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
What Flowmaster Series? Personally I'd look at the Cherry Bomb Vortex or the Dynomax VT.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Cable810 said:
What Flowmaster Series? Personally I'd look at the Cherry Bomb Vortex or the Dynomax VT.

not sure what series man. but i did see the cherry bomb and dynommax. is the vortex an VT the modles of those two you would recomend? im gonna go up tonight and look. also, do u have anything on your truck

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
03TB93 said:
not sure what series man. but i did see the cherry bomb and dynommax. is the vortex an VT the modles of those two you would recomend? im gonna go up tonight and look. also, do u have anything on your truck

The 50 series sounds the best IMO. It has a nice deep tone when idling and a little bit better tone when reving and take off. Check out youtube got some good videos on there for flowmasters on the 4.2:yes:

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Cool guys im deff gonna go with the 50 series.. does our trucks have a 2.5 inch inlet and outlet? I have an EXT im assuming its the same diameter though.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I don't have anything on my TB yet working on a lift first. I don't know what VT muffler. I think ours are 2.75" NOT 100% sure. I'd go with 2.5 Inch in and out. If it was up to me and I had the money I'd go 2.5 to 3" and replace the stock pipeing to 3"

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Cable810 said:
I don't have anything on my TB yet working on a lift first. I don't know what VT muffler. I think ours are 2.75" NOT 100% sure. I'd go with 2.5 Inch in and out. If it was up to me and I had the money I'd go 2.5 to 3" and replace the stock pipeing to 3"

I also think it's 2.75. Let me know how it turns out...

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
I have a Dynomax catback from my old 2000 Blazer that i converted to fit the TB. It is quiet when cruising but when your accelerating it sounds great like a truck should.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online