New boat got delivered today!!!

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Im geeked...my Four Winns Vista 278 was delivered to my driveway today!! :wootwoot:

Pictures to come, but I got a heckuva deal on a 97 model year with only 80 hours on the twin 4.3 MPI's. Plus it has a genny with only 20 hours. Bought the boat off some good boating friends.

Really bummed to sell my current boat though.. a 26' Sundowner with a single 350. Had a lot of great times on the boat. Guess its time to move up :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
One of them cruising types eh. I want a Nitro Z9 (hardcore fishing) lol I googled it that boat looks nice! Classy should be tons of fun and you live in the right spot haha enjoy that thing and GET PICS UP asap!

StvsDenaliXL

Nov 21, 2011
Congrats on the new boat, I hope to upgrade one day also so I can take some coastal tours with the family. Now go get some pics up already :tongue:

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
Congrats! I know the feeling of a new toy, I got a 96 sea doo GTX for a crazy good deal. Enjoy and post up some pics

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Hey congrats on the new boat! Michigan, eh? Gonna be a long 5 months of staring at that thing in the driveway! I predict a trip south in your near future!

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
ssmedt said:
Congrats! I know the feeling of a new toy, I got a 96 sea doo GTX for a crazy good deal. Enjoy and post up some pics

Just curious, what was ur deal? I'm looking to sell a pair of 97 gtx's in the spring.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Im geeked...my Four Winns Vista 278 was delivered to my driveway today!! :wootwoot:

Pictures to come, but I got a heckuva deal on a 97 model year with only 80 hours on the twin 4.3 MPI's. Plus it has a genny with only 20 hours. Bought the boat off some good boating friends.

Really bummed to sell my current boat though.. a 26' Sundowner with a single 350. Had a lot of great times on the boat. Guess its time to move up :biggrin:

One of us should have a meet/Lake day this summer... I'm a lowly pontoon guy.. :yes: But my heart is on the water for sure!

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
One of them cruising types eh. I want a Nitro Z9 (hardcore fishing) lol I googled it that boat looks nice! Classy should be tons of fun and you live in the right spot haha enjoy that thing and GET PICS UP asap!

Get an Allison instead if it fits the bill...Ive seen firsthand the build quality and its top-notch. As for neigh-sayers saying "you cant fish in an Allison", I have 2 or 3 friends that beg to differ. Plus the older ones (until the new 3L Mercs came out, hull was modded for the extra weight) are light as heck! Friend has an XB2002 with a highly modded Merc 280, boat hull weighs like 800lbs and 420lb motor + 200lb guy = 1420lbs. Ive been in another Allison XB2003 going 75mph and watched this XB2002 walk us cold. 98mph at that point, he went and grabbed his son (so add another 180lbs) and ran 102mph on the way back to meet up with us. All GPS verified. Ive never seen another fishing boat run that fast, period. And that's with a trolling motor on the front and poles in the boat. Perfect fishing boat when fishing yet a speedboat that can hit 2ft+ waves at 45mph and its not an issue. The XB2003 I was in ran into some 2ft chop at 45, felt like I was in my 21ft Wellcraft Scarab (like Miami Vice Scarab...) that is a true deep-V boat.

Mich, congrats on the boat! Should be a nice cruiser, but going to a twin engine setup means more gas consumption. Still, should be a little faster than your current one!:thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks guys!!!

I was just out there playing around, you know Im a born boat-lover. My other boat (26' Sundowner) is parked on my double lot, butted up to the canal and I crawl up into it at least 1x week to make boating sounds and get my fix...haha.

Anyway, this boat is amazing. 90.8 hours. The generator has 21 hours on it. We overnight a lot and go on multi-day trips so its nice to know that the shower, head (toilet for you landlubbers) :biggrin: and freshwater system has never been used!! Even the microwave and stove still have the styrofoam and plastic shipping materials in it. :cool:

It was too cold today to get the EOS outside to take pictures but tomorrow and the next day its supposed to warm up. I promise Imma get some posted for ya!

Im looking forward to the 4.3l MPI's. Ive always boated with 5.7l 4bbl engines = usually 1-1.5mpg. The people I bought the boat from said they were getting 2mpg with the twin v6's. Of course, they didnt use the boat much and Im a heavy user (read addict) so I will really have a good feel on the economy come April.

Scarab- two boats ago, I had a 99' 258 Vista with a 350 and the DP outdrive. On a trip to Put-in-Bay, I averaged 3mpg!!! I credit the DP outdrive, stainless props and my cruising RPM of 2700 (on that boat ~30mph) :biggrin:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I bought a new Nitro 180TF back in 1996 and I still have it.
I have abused it and left it outside without a cover for most of its life.
Outside of routine maintenance(batteries, plugs, lower unit oil) I've replaced the starter, and a few electrical items here and there, all expected for a boat abused of that age.
I would buy another one if I were in the market for something like that.
It doesn't fit my needs now like other boats but If I were heavy into bass fishing like I was then I would do it all over again.
I've used it a good amount saltwater fishing the past 3-4 years and it causes more issues with electronics and such but it is still a trooper!

MichEnvoyGuy said:

Congrats on your new Toy, Hope you have a great time with it

Just a friendly plug... :biggrin: Keep me in mind as your AMSOIL independent dealer for all your lubrication needs for your new "investment"

AMSOIL does a great job in all power sports equipment as well as your vehicles.

Steve

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
fishguy1123 said:
Just curious, what was ur deal? I'm looking to sell a pair of 97 gtx's in the spring.

Well the ski was in great mechanical shape but had some cosmetic issues on the outside but I got the ski and trailer for 500!!!!! I have seen ski's with no motor for more then that before

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online