NEED HELP need transmission manual

omer_ahmed

Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
pakistan
i have 2005 chevy trailblazer ext ,4.2 l6 , last week i was driving on highway and suddenly the rpm revs and no fwd motion at all , any how i took out off the traffic and parked and tried to shift in D ,1,2,3,R nothing works at all but the engine is working properly .my mechanic told me it could be torque conveter but when he pulled out the transmission the oil pump is completely damaged .i need manual for this transmission if any one can give me a link.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Google is your friend, my friend...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q14qjpo7mgqprz2/4L60E.pdf

That's the GM Powertrain manual. 150pgs. All GMT360s / 370s came with that transmission, regardless of engine choice or short vs. long wheelbase (your EXT is a GMT370).

I'd also recommend the ATSG manual as well. You can find that as well online.

Finally - if your mech says the oil pump is shot, *and* you lost all gears... it might be easier to get a new trans (new, rebuilt, reman) rather than thinking you can replace the oil pump alone. Why do I say that? Because the lack of lubrication probably burned up all of the internals, and you'll need a full rebuild kit.

If you need to get the vehicle back on the road quickly, a swap might be your best bet. You can find rebuilt ones for about $800 or so (and up). A rebuild kit will be cheaper than that, but you better have some free time on your hands. You'll need a new torque converter, too.

Good luck!

Reactions: Redbeard and Mounce

omer_ahmed

Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
pakistan
thank's alot i bought the kit which is "TRANSKIT" i don't know if this one is a good one or "TRISTAR KIT" but the shop owner told me transkit is a good one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHEVYN8R

Members Online