Need some opinions from the expierienced on nav units

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
Ive been looking for a indash nav/dvd unit plays music and video from usb and has bluetooth built in with 4v preouts.

looking on crutchfield i decided to ask a chat rep for his advice and this is what he recommended on what i said above.
Alpin-INE-s920HD

Please let me know your opinions and if theres anything in price range i should consider more thanks have a great day

Attachments

• alpineindash.jpg
    alpineindash.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
It all depends on what YOU are looking for in a unit. Alpine is a good all around. Are you looking for just adding nav, do you want sound options plan to add amplifiers at some point? $1000 is hefty for nav unit

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
STLtrailbSS said:
It all depends on what YOU are looking for in a unit. Alpine is a good all around. Are you looking for just adding nav, do you want sound options plan to add amplifiers at some point? $1000 is hefty for nav unit

i want Nav DVD Bluetooth built in 4v preouts for amp and sub and ability to play music straight from usb drive. this unit seems to do it fairly well with some added features. i havent compared it to much also 4v preouts seem hard to find

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
yeah the 4v requirement puts you at 1k. Pioneer Alpine And Clarion are the only ones i can see make a match.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Is there a specific reasoning for the 4v? I once thought 4v made a huge difference then went and bought a 4v radio and personally didn't notice much if any difference over 2v. Was for a crescendo 3kwp on 4 15s in my blazer.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
You could even do a line driver with a less expensive unit and have adjustable voltage for your rcas.

- - - Updated - - -

You could even do a line driver with a less expensive unit and have adjustable voltage for your rcas.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
4v matters when at the amplifier. What amps are you running I thought mostly everything picks up 2v these days just fine. You get a 1/8-1/4 turn less on the gain knob for 300-$400 just sayiiinn

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
STLtrailbSS said:
4v matters when at the amplifier. What amps are you running I thought mostly everything picks up 2v these days just fine. You get a 1/8-1/4 turn less on the gain knob for 300-$400 just sayiiinn

Haven't bought them yet...... basclically last time I spent money on a head unit was sweet hook it up to sub I had in previous car didn't do it justice so I question the pro at car audio shop why my other head unit I had to leave in trade in car hit harder they proceeded to inform me was due to the new head unit only having 2v preouts and head unit traded was 4v. There was a huge difference.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
My buddy with a Sierra just put in a Clarion NX602 in. He really likes the GPS and features it has. A bit pricey maybe, but a nice unit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR