Need help

Paul g

Original poster
Jun 30, 2021
Garland,Texas
I have a 2006 trailblazer ext with 4.2 6l that will not start. It started with a engine miss and a code for ignition coil 3,4,5. I bought 6 coils, when I pulled #3 coil the well had oil in it, 4,5 were the same way. I replaced the valve cover and intake gaskets. The engine would not start, I checked for codes and it showed camshaft position sensor, I changed it and checked the wiring. Different codes started showing up and I keep changing the parts according to the codes, the camshaft position accumulator sensor had oil in the sensor connector, replaced and check the wiring, still won't start, I can hear the fuel pump working. Any ideas would help

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
With all the part replacements made, are you saying that you now have no codes, in addition to the no start? Does the starter try to crank? Or are you getting nothing at all?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

For "Starters" In situations where you have been "Under The Hood" and unusual Codes begin to happen intermittently... Check around your Engine Wiring Harnesses for any signs of Rodent Damage from Gnawing on Wiring and even Plastic Connectors. Look as well for any signs of Rodents "Moving In" like piles of Nest Building materials from the Insulation and local things from the woods and ground. Beware the presence of "The Common Deer Mouse" as it carries the dreaded HANTA Hemorrhagic Fever Virus that can be transmitted to Humans by handling or inhaling Desiccated Feces and Urine from under the Hood Areas.

Follow the suggestions made by @MAY03LT on How to Diagnose "The Big Three" necessary in all case for getting all 3-4 Cycle Engines to Start and Run:

(1) Fuel
(2) Air
(3) Spark (Ignition)

Here he covers ..."IT Cranks Over...But WON'T START:

...and from Eric "O" at South Main Auto...a similar situation on an '09 Trailblazer:

Last edited:
Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online