Need Help Removing Center Console

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So, I had a round (bullet in Layman's terms) fall down in the gap between the seat and the E-brake. Now the boot on my E-brake is torn, so it fell down inside there, and I believe rolled under the space under the center console. What is the easiest way to lift this up in order to get under there? Its going to bother the hell out of me knowing that its in there somewhere, so I HAVE to get it out. There is also a quarter somewhere under there too, so my time spent on this will be validated :tongue:.

I'm not sure if its down inside the E-brake boot either, I pulled it up halfway and didn't see anything, but I might have to remove that too if I don't find it under the console.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The retaining screws are in the cupholders and the cargo bin. 1 in each front cupholder. I think 4 in the bottom of the compartment and there are also some in the little tray inside the compartment. Will also need a torx to remove the shifter knob also disconnect your TC harness going down the shift lever. Pull out the plastic liner in the compartment after removing the surface screws and you will reveal a few more and will also need to unlock and disconnect the rear hvac harness(not sure if the same harness applies in an XL never been in one) and you should be ready to pull it out.

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Finally got around to removing the console. Was much easier than I anticipated. In my Envoy, there is only 1 cup holder up front, and one tiny, short screw holding the front part down (yeah not very sturdy). Took out all the screws and unhooked HVAC harness. Couldn't find the damn round anywhere, til I felt underneath the metal brace at the very bottom of the e-brake. The thing rolled underneath that, so it took a lot of wiggling around with my fingers to finally get it pinched between 2 fingers and pulled it out. Also, I found the quarter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online