Need harness help?

NighTblazer

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
O.K., I went to the local Car Audio place that told me they had the harness I need in stock. I told them 2002 Trailblazer LTZ W/O Bose and I got the wrong one.
I was given one big harness with a separate solo red like the one below.
Metra 70-2003 Wiring Harness for Select 1998-2009 GMC Vehicles

When I pulled my stocker out I found these harnesses:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/skip6913/wiringharnesses.jpg

I did my own online search and found these but the look just like factory ends.:confused:
METRA 2002-2004 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER EXT CAR RADIO WIRE HARNESS AUDIO STEREO | eBay

Are these the right ones?? and how do the connect together???

Please any help would be welcome and appreciated.

additional info: I have the steering wheel controls and non used on* and rear audio but don't care if I loose them for a little while. I just want to hook up a stereo that has an aux hookup. I will get the other harnesses down the road mianly just the steering controls.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• wiring harnesses.jpg
    wiring harnesses.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
NighTblazer said:
ok this looks like what I need. Anybody know if this is correct?

That looks like the 70-2003 from your first post. Do you still have the 70-2003?

NighTblazer

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I actually went back out to look at it and I moved the colored plastic on the bag so I could see it better and it may be the same thing. I did not want to open it just in case it was the wrong one and have a hassle returning it. I also was thinking I needed two harness and that made me just assume it was wrong.

I'm going to go back out tomorrow when I have time to wire the stereo afterwards and see if it fits.

Thanks for the info everybody!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Cool. Keep in mind that the red wire that comes out of the 70-2003 doesn't do anything. You'll want to use the long red wire that comes with it to connect the red wire of the radio directly into the vehicle wiring. The way I did mine was to wire it to something that only gets power when the key is in the "run" position.

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
If you don't care about your chimes/rap/onstar/rear controls, then the harness they gave you is the correct one. For steering wheel controls you'll need the ASWC in addition to the harness you already have.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online