Nasty Humming Noise in my left passenger speaker

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
I have a 9-7 with stock bose. I have been having troubles with the left rear speaker in my truck. The dealership did right when I initially had the problem and replaced the speaker, and it fixed the sound for a week or two. Next thing you know the noise came back again. I get the noise when its cold out and/or when I hit a bump. Even when I fade it all the way to my front speakers the noise will sometimes come on.
Due to these reasons, I have a feeling its the connection. I do not know however if its the connection from the receiver and the wire, or the speaker and the wire.
Any of you guys experience the same problem? Or have any idea if I am right or not?
Thanks all
Frank-

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Its a ground. Smack the center console. That's what I do till I get my lazy ass to look into it.

MTouz

May 9, 2012
jrSS said:
Its a ground. Smack the center console. That's what I do till I get my lazy ass to look into it.

HA! I do the same thing! Or if I'm stopped, I open and shut the rear passenger door a few times.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
With the radio on, volume down - open the back door and listen to the speaker - run the window down while you're listening.
Did ya hear the window motor through the speaker?
If so, that would confirm what was already suggested - bad ground - somewhere. Not sure if it was this site or the other one that posted 2 places to look - I don't remember them. I recall somebody said theirs stopped after they unplugged the rear seat controls (if you have them).

I can't help a lot because I have an aftermarket radio and to fix the whirring, I ran the rca's to the rear amp, thus eliminating the factory wiring to the amp.

Vicompc

Dec 5, 2011
I had the same issue with mine, it was the control unit in the rear console. I took the control unit out, put dielectric grease on the connector and reinstalled it. I have not had the problem since.:wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online