my voy's exhaust

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
That is a sick SS. I am probably almost as anxious as you are the hear your turbo spool! When you made your 0-100ish video what mods were completed? Just asking because that seems quick for a 4.2.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
That is a sick SS. I am probably almost as anxious as you are the hear your turbo spool! When you made your 0-100ish video what mods were completed? Just asking because that seems quick for a 4.2.

hahaha I know! its killing me!

and thanks I had the following mods at that point:
- PCM tune (speed limiter removed, adjusted rev limiter, shift stiffness/points, 89 octane tune, torque management adjusted)
- CAI 3" piping with 11" long 6" wide cone
- Highflow exhaust 3" from front back to the muffler split to 2 2.5" outs
- Removed as much weight as I could! Removed rear seats, front seats were the racing light weight ones, removed spare tire, all trim work etc...
- Transgo transmission kit (Corvette Servo upgrade + Sonnax Pinless Accumulator Piston Kit + Separator plate)
- haha colder weather (40's)
- AND NO NITROUS WAS SPRAYED THAT DAY (I was out at least 2 weeks before this)
- Transmission Cooler 11" x 17" (not a game changer but helpful haha)

it was nice hitting 100 in 2nd gear. I think the SS's are in 3rd by then with their gear ratio

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
it was nice hitting 100 in 2nd gear. I think the SS's are in 3rd by then with their gear ratio

that we are... with my tune I was shifting to 3rd around 80ish+ mph...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
hahaha I know! its killing me!

and thanks I had the following mods at that point:
- PCM tune (speed limiter removed, adjusted rev limiter, shift stiffness/points, 89 octane tune, torque management adjusted)
- CAI 3" piping with 11" long 6" wide cone
- Highflow exhaust 3" from front back to the muffler split to 2 2.5" outs
- Removed as much weight as I could! Removed rear seats, front seats were the racing light weight ones, removed spare tire, all trim work etc...
- Transgo transmission kit (Corvette Servo upgrade + Sonnax Pinless Accumulator Piston Kit + Separator plate)
- haha colder weather (40's)
- AND NO NITROUS WAS SPRAYED THAT DAY (I was out at least 2 weeks before this)
- Transmission Cooler 11" x 17" (not a game changer but helpful haha)

All I have to say is damn! I am definitely impressed. I never thought an I6 could move like that. Now with your turbo on top of that, I am sure your could give the SS a run for their money. Very impressed, great build! :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
All I have to say is damn! I am definitely impressed. I never thought an I6 could move like that. Now with your turbo on top of that, I am sure your could give the SS a run for their money. Very impressed, great build! :thumbsup:

thank you man :thumbsup: me either I was super surprised. that really is what inspired me to do the build I guess haha

scorpio1

Dec 12, 2012
Jeez cone killer, your making me want to shell out some cash for some bolt-on's, exhaust, and a good tune...... well sooner than I originally wanted to. HAHA

Your a serial motivator sir, first getting excited for boosting my TB, than exciting me for minor bolt-on's and such. Stop it. LOL

Between you and the S/C guys build, I'm down right inspired and glad I didnt buy an SS, don't get me wrong, I want one, but my habit of building "underdog" or "under supported" vehicles is screaming at me to boost my I6 sometime soon and bridge that gap toward SS power.:yes::yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
haha I am sorry I cant help it. I wanted boost again in my life so I figured this was one of the best engines to do it on :smile: I loved the Supra 1jz / 2jz engines and they are so similar in layout to our i6 I figured what the hell lets do it!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online