My Truck & $3000 later :(

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys,
Well for those that saw my other post I was facing some noise problems from the right side :frown:. So after getting it properly diagnosed they found that the problem was from the right axle + bearing and Diff leak. So while was there they did a complete check up and this is the result:

1- Right axle toast which pretty much destroyed the inner bearing from the differential side and everything else connected to it (pretty much everything here was changed OffRoad TB - View topic - Front Axle 4WD Disconnect)
2- front differential leak, fixed and replaced both front and back oils
3- transmission gasket leak fixed and oil change
4- Four coils weren't performing like they should
5- changed my sparks while was at it
6- engine oil changed & filter (was due anyways)
7- inner tie rods changed
8- T-stat changed (have had that part laying my TB for the past 2 months lol)
9- front brake pads
10- wheel alignment
11- Motor mounts
12- swaybar links (yes again)

There's a bit of a shake that goes and comes including the RPM fluctuating, which seems to be Coil related. I'll have to check because the coils I got were second hand. Overall she rides like new, much smoother and accelerates much faster too.

I wasn't planning on doing all of this especially that it cost me like a fortune. It was either that or sell and get another car, but then again i've done like 100K in two years mostly driving in temperatures exceeding 40 degrees Celsius throughout the year. I've also got like 1.5 years left on my project here in KSA so no real point of getting a newer car. After moving from this crap hole and hopefully to Dubai I'd be getting me a 2008+ TB or a Wrangler probably:wootwoot:

I'm $3000 poorer now which sux especially that I get paid at the end of the month :no: I just hope there are no surprises that come my way in the meantime:frown:

Ed H

Oct 18, 2012
Ouch. :frown:

On the bright side, you have a really good running and reliable truck that will last a long time. I know guys that spend $600+ monthly on car payments. You'll break even in May. :cool:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yeh I know tell me about it! Im Broke until the end of the month lol! She's due for a checkup tomorrow to make sure all is in order! :tongue:

I blew a front tire yest hehe! End of the month I'm up for new tires can't wait!

Going bigger woohoo!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
CaptainXL said:
Look at it this way. $3000 is a lot less than a new SUV at $45,000-$50,000.

You're right on that! Took her in today for a checkup to make sure all is in order and thankfully things are! Now new tires end of the month and basically pressure switch for the AC and should be a happy man for another 2-3 years without major servicing :biggrin:

If I were to sell her it would be either for an Envoy Denali or a TBSS :biggrin:

zerovandez

Dec 25, 2012
I had similar things done to my 02 TB LTZ this past weekend...

Flushed and changed ALL Fluids
Regreased front 4wd selector switch
changed both front hubs
changed both front CV Axels
changed both front upper ball joints
changed both front rotors with new brake pads.
changed the battery, now using a RedTop.
changed transmission filter

Used all Valvoline products, except for the transfer case fluid which was ACDelco.

My TB has MarkMC's suspension lift, 16 inch steelies, 32 inch hankook ATM's, BSD rear shocks and Bilstein HD fronts. Somethings sounded loose when I drove it for the first time with the mod list, but it always drove really well. After the maintenance and servicing, my TB is so much smoother and quieter. I liked driving it before but I love driving it now! Everything was done in my driveway using your normal hand tools. Next on the list are spark plugs. I've already cleaned the throttle body and changed the air filter. So far so good. No leaks or crazy squeaks. Lets hope it stays like that. Cheers!

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
fadyasha said:
There's a bit of a shake that goes and comes including the RPM fluctuating, which seems to be Coil related

What do you mean fluctuating? Like jumping from 1500 to 1600 every so often? Cause I'm having that issue and can't figure out what it is.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Nope not that more of 600-700 but its gone now and back to normal. The IAT sensor was a bit loose from the engine bay cleaning I presume lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online