My Trailblazer Project

Code Red

Original poster
Member
Dec 11, 2011
377
I think I've decided to start a little bit of a project with this vehicle, mainly a MPG project.

So my old Jimmy would get about 13/14 MPG. So far on the 2 tankfuls I've done on the TB I've gotten 15 and 17 MPG.

So I think I'm going to go ahead and do a budget friendly build on improving my mileage with the TB. I'm sure someone else probably has done one in the past. I'm obliviously not looking for any insane gains. Maybe just try different things since this is my daily driver. After my next tankful I'll record that number and use the average of the three as my base value.
 

million-miles

Member
Jan 10, 2012
189
i know one thing that has helped mine is ethanol free gas. But in parts of the country that is not easy to find.
 

hitman

Member
Jan 25, 2012
119
Awesome idea, i have been kind of looking into things for fuel savings, but things seem to be skeptical and the real data of your experience will defiantly help me make some choices, i spend about 100 bucks/week on fuel and even a 10% savings would be great...def keep posting your findings
i have looked into cold air but comments are soo drastic either way, same as tb spacer would be so nice to see if either make a noticeable difference.:thumbsup:
 

Code Red

Original poster
Member
Dec 11, 2011
377
hitman said:
Awesome idea, i have been kind of looking into things for fuel savings, but things seem to be skeptical and the real data of your experience will defiantly help me make some choices, i spend about 100 bucks/week on fuel and even a 10% savings would be great...def keep posting your findings
i have looked into cold air but comments are soo drastic either way, same as tb spacer would be so nice to see if either make a noticeable difference.:thumbsup:

I'm going to try a budget friendly DIY intake first and see where it gets me
 

hitman

Member
Jan 25, 2012
119
Code Red said:
I'm going to try a budget friendly DIY intake first and see where it gets me

awesome man should try with some new plugs and such too see if you notice anything in that sense... start small IE cheaper
 

Code Red

Original poster
Member
Dec 11, 2011
377
Added some Window vent visors yesterday

My only complaint is the fact they also mount to the base of the mirrors, so if I ever want to pull the mirrors off to paint they I have to pull the visors up.

8904e70f.jpg

54968778.jpg

6a388318.jpg

3c8ef496.jpg

546b4c43.jpg
 

gsf1200m

Member
Dec 15, 2011
55
Did you put the visors on for an mpg improvement?

Have you considered ditching the roof rack and side steps?
 

Code Red

Original poster
Member
Dec 11, 2011
377
gsf1200m said:
Did you put the visors on for an mpg improvement?

Have you considered ditching the roof rack and side steps?

I put them on because I actually enjoyed them on my Jimmy being able to crack the window when its raining.

I'm probably going to remove the side steps, roof rack will stay since it is my daily and I may throw some stuff on top.
 

blueice12

Member
Mar 28, 2012
11
There probably not much you can do to get better gas mileage other than not drive it, removing stuff wont give much of a gain but the thought of trying is cool.:thumbsup:
 

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,159
Brighton, CO
Dont know about that... GU6 gears, low rolling resistance tires, TB cleaning, a tune up, e-fans, PCM4Less tune, and I am sure a few other things

(just in case you havent done any of those)
 

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,159
Brighton, CO
To be honest, I am not completely sold on the GU6 gears yet myself. I get 16 MPG to and from work.. 90% highway, 10% City.. My MPG has picked up since I found a new Mobil gas station thou.. Will have to see if it continues. Also trying some MotorKote.
 

Code Red

Original poster
Member
Dec 11, 2011
377
blueice12 said:
There probably not much you can do to get better gas mileage other than not drive it, removing stuff wont give much of a gain but the thought of trying is cool.:thumbsup:

lol I know

the point of removing the steps is for looks for em lol

I will probably do some minor cosmetic appear changes which I'll post here as well, but yeah I'll do a intake, exhaust, and then the obvious up things and see what happens. I haven't started any of that stuff yet though.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,396
Posts
638,821
Members
18,610
Latest member
Amri

Members Online