My pcmforless tune review

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Figured I'd review my purchase and share my thoughts.
First of i was lucky, no relearn was needed and i have no check engine lights.
I went with level 3 shifts which if far from aggressive but rather quick crisp shifts, I'm ready for a shift kit...
Engine power and acceleration are much improved, I'm very impressed! Easy install, awesome power gain and the transmission feels much better!
Best money spent to compliment my mods

lairdt

Dec 12, 2012
matts04tbls said:
Figured I'd review my purchase and share my thoughts.
First of i was lucky, no relearn was needed and i have no check engine lights.
I went with level 3 shifts which if far from aggressive but rather quick crisp shifts, I'm ready for a shift kit...
Engine power and acceleration are much improved, I'm very impressed! Easy install, awesome power gain and the transmission feels much better!
Best money spent to compliment my mods

Great! I'm looking into doing this for my TB too.

On your shifts... did the tune make it so shifts are more "sport" tuned? I'd like the PCM to hold gears a little longer on acceleration and downshift quicker, not at around 3/4 pedal as it seems to prefer now. My TB seems to climb the gears really quickly unless you mash the throttle. Additionally, from 1500-2500rpm it seems to lug down tremendously and then seems to decide that a much lower gear is needed, rev-ing quick a bunch in the new gear.

Why did you decide on level 3 shift over level 2?

Thanks
Tom.

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Hello,
Shifts are definitely firmer and more aggressive, the engine downshifts under less throttle and holds gears in a sporty manner for sure

I went with level 3 because performance is most important to me and i prefer a raw feel and feedback, I'm ready for a shift kit and stall now

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Unless you sent your stock PCM in, you still need a CASE. Just because the code doesnt pop up now doesnt mean its ok. Some guys have tested this and driven ~6mo without getting a CASE, then they do.

If you got a brand new PCM, then you might not have needed to do the security relearn, but a CASE is required anytime a PCM other than the original one is installed.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
A pcmforless tune is definitely worth it. Kind of hard to not always punch it when accelerating.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54