My kid can't win a trick!

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
My son, Connor, has been the bane of our existence this week...two trips to the hospital within 5 days.

Last Friday afternoon he wanted to go down the road and play with some friends. He came back about 15 minutes later crying, saying he fell and hurt his arm. I checked it out and it seemed to me it was a bad sprain. All was OK during the weekend, but on Sunday, he wanted to go down the road again, no worries, next thing I know, the doorbell rings and our neighbor walked him home because he fell over again and said the same arm hurts.

My wife took him to the doctor on Monday, they sent him for x-rays and they went straight to the children's hospital because he had broken his radius bone. He had to get a shot of morphine because they had to move the bone back into position.

View attachment 23039

Friday afternoon I get a call at work just before knock off time that my wife is picking him up from the after school care because there's something wrong with his other arm.

well, they get an x-ray and you guessed it, he broke the other one. Apparently he tripped over a toy at school.

The same people were on duty at the hospital and they were :jawdrop2: seeing him there again.

View attachment 23040

So, we've had a fantastic week at our house with this boy.

On a side note, we're waiting for Children's Services to call! :rotfl:

Attachments

• Connor 9-24-12.jpg
    Connor 9-24-12.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-09-28_21-53-05_265.jpg
    2012-09-28_21-53-05_265.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 16

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Matt said:
On a side note, we're waiting for Children's Services to call! :rotfl:
Good luck to him.....and I wouldn't laugh off the Children's Services call. I've got plenty of stories from friends about those sorts of calls after ER visits. Mrs. Roadie and I had about 4 hours of questioning once after a medical incident with our daughter that could easily have been evidence of abuse in their eyes. It was bullying-related, but not from us. She had been hiding it from us, plotting her own revenge.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I'm with Roadie on this one, don't count child services out to quickly. With 5 boys....I'm pretty sure we have kept a few agencies busy. Hopefully he feels better, and had a quick recovery. Boys will be boys...Mine catch bugs, reptiles, try to kill each other, try to kill me....Trust me when I say, that even when they hit 18, it doesn't stop lol.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
My own brother and sister in law had their two kids taken away because my nephew broke his arm. In the end, there was no wrong doing, and they ended up having to get a lawyer to completely expunge the incident from all records.

Poor kid. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Hopefully all is well in the end. And at least after all that he still has a smile on his face!!:thumbsup:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Keep an eye on the keys to the trailblazer!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Damn Matt, sorry to hear about your son's misfortune. Any chance the neighbor kid goes to that same daycare? May want to keep an eye on that kid.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok... i can't help it... you gotta quit letting him sample the apple pie before he goes to his friends house :rotfl::crackup:

in all seriousness... hope he has a speedy recovery... :grouphug:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
As others have said, hopefully he has a speedy recovery... it's good that he was ?too seriously" injured tho... :thumbsup:

And I'd be VERY leery of a visit from child services... all it takes is someone to whisper something and all hell will break loose...

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Funny thing about CSB, my wife works at Juvenile Court. :biggrin:

No one helped him with the breaks, it's just his own clumsiness that did it. That and wearing those bloody crocs when playing. Now he will be wearing sneakers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.