My Hannukah Gift to Myself that Arrived on Christmas Eve :)

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Pittdawg said:
PCMforless said there was nothing to change in the tune for the ported tb.

Effective throttle body area should be modified (stock tb is 76mm right?) and/or idle should be adjusted. You're getting more airflow that the ECM doesnt know about, needs to be adjusted one way or another. 02-07s will have to have the idle airflow tables tweaked, 08-09s can adjust the throttle body area.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
cmatb08 said:
How is your rpm settle at? Or is it still jumping around?

You know prior to the ported throttle body I never noticed rpm idle starting off at 1000-1200 but apparently this is common. My idle settles right in at 600 rpms after a few short minutes and has for a while now. My bigger issue was the pronounced vibration I feel at exactly 1000 rpms. I still experience this. However, I had a friend rev my engine while I looked in the engine bay and saw the driver's side of my engine torqued upwards quite high, leading me to believe the vibration is a symptom of the common motor mount disintegration issue. I actually have an appointment with a GM dealership tomorrow. If it does prove to be a result of a disintegrated motor mount (or two), it is interesting it didn't manifest itself until the swapping in of the ported tb and that it shifted the vibration higher up in the rpm band. Stay tuned.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Just got call from dealership. Driver's side motor mount completely shot just as I thought. They also replaced passenger motor mount as a courtesy indicating that since the driver's side was completely worn, they were sure it was just a matter of time before the passenger side was completely worn out as well due to the added stress of being essentially the only functioning motor mount for some time now.

I must say I am very happy and impressed with this dealership's service. All performed under warranty nonetheless.

I will report back regarding the vibration after I retrieve my vehicle.

Best,

Pittdawg

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Drives much better. Vibration mostly gone and handling feels more sure footed. Can't wait to get my new tune in a couple days :wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online