my 2003 trailblazer

moonlytr

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
my 2003 trailblazier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my 2003 trailblazier the radio and clock will go off and not light up by its self.then it will come back on by its self and u have to reset the time.and some times its off when we shut it down for the evening and wont be on for days.and sometimes u start it in the morning and the clock will have different times on it according to when it came on while it was shut down.it isnt like it comes on and plays when the keys off .but its got no set pattern .please any help its runs good has 361,000 miles on it

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
361K (!!!!!). Extraordinary!

The radio is fed by a fuse (rear fuse block #41) that doesn't go through the ignition switch. It's turned on an off by a data message from the BCM, but the clock should NEVER lose its memory unless the power feed through fuse #41 is flaky. I'd pull that fuse and examine it for corrosion or oxidation. At the very least pull and reinstall it a few times to clean up the legs. Are there any other symptoms anywhere else in the vehicle? Could also be corroded battery connections, aging battery, bad body ground connection, or flaky connections on the megafuse.

megafuse1-orig.jpg

moonlytr

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
the roadie said:

The radio is fed by a fuse (rear fuse block #41) that doesn't go through the ignition switch. It's turned on an off by a data message from the BCM, but the clock should NEVER lose its memory unless the power feed through fuse #41 is flaky. I'd pull that fuse and examine it for corrosion or oxidation. At the very least pull and reinstall it a few times to clean up the legs. Are there any other symptoms anywhere else in the vehicle? Could also be corroded battery connections, aging battery, bad body ground connection, or flaky connections on the megafuse.

megafuse1-orig.jpg

u know that makes sense i was taking off the nut on black wire and radio would come back on and work for a week

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:

Yes. But more than likely has had a new trans and engine put in.

To the OP. Please fill out the rest of your vehicle profile.

moonlytr

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
ok i took out the fuse cleaned the metal with fine sand paper rebolted it 3 days later it did the same thing so today ill buy a new suse and see it that works

moonlytr

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
installed new mega fuse no worky even crossed those to bolts no worky .im i right in assumeing thats under back seat

moonlytr

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
my vin is 1GNDT13s7324106000 on my trailblazier.
my vin on my 2003 silverado is 2gcec19v231330913

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online