Muffler suggestions

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
I just recently picked up a 2004 Rainier 5.3 and am wanting to do something with the exhaust. I used to have a TB 4.2 and just cut the resonator off and welded a nice tip on. With the Rainier I want to do that but also add a different muffler in the stock location for a little more sound. With that being said, what mufflers are you all running? I was thinking of some sort of Magnaflow since they tend to be a little deeper and quieter. I had a dynomax bullet on my otherwise stock exhaust Avalanche and although I enjoyed the sound, it was a tad loud and I'm thinking that would only be amplified in a shorter vehicle. Also, I don't want my Buick to be quite that loud.

Any muffler suggestions with part #'s that would be a good fit is greatly appreciated.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I have a magnaflow muffler...by dont recall the part #. Just a fyi.....the larger the muffler the quieter the sound.

I have a medium sized I guess you'd say. Quiet at idle and at WOT sounds good. Hardly any drone.

I did have the muffler delete ....aka straight pipe... for awhile. Sounded awesome at idle and loud at WOT but the drone was terrible around 15-1600 RPM.

So yes if it were me id choose any medium to larger muffler. Quiet idle....awesome at WOT. Look up on you tube and find some vids on these mufflers.

Reactions: Capote

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, two totally different sounds Capote...

Like Jeff said, Magnaflow will be what you're looking for. Nice and quiet, with slight deep rumble you're after.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online