Mud flaps installed today

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I installed my mud flaps (guard package) today. Fronts were simple - turn the wheels to one side and off you go. I did have to slightly lift the front (floor jack under the frame) to get my drill under to drill a pilot hole. The rears required the removal of the rear tires. Part numbers are 12498652 and 12497609. The fit of the fronts seems to be a bit tighter than the rears, but they both look good. All in all, expect about 45 minutes or so, what with removing the rear tires.

Here are some pics.

Rear

IMAG0599.jpg

Front

IMAG0600.jpg

Rear fit. Not as good as the front, but not bad if you don't look closely.

IMAG0601.jpg

Front fit. Very nice.

IMAG0602.jpg

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
i had those same ones but they left marks in the paint when i had to remove them cause one broke. ended up putting rubber ones one. more forgiving in the snow. looks good though

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
GCTB1289 said:
i had those same ones but they left marks in the paint when i had to remove them cause one broke. ended up putting rubber ones one. more forgiving in the snow. looks good though

I thought about their stiffness, but I figure if one breaks, I'll just get another set.

Or switch to a true "flap".

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
Looks good!

I installed the Husky Flaps on my Envoy about 2 weeks ago, and without too many off-minded comments, mine hang very ...uhh ...low. :biggrin:

Seriously though, they're much closer to the ground than the ones you've pictured. I guess what I'm saying is that I prefer the look of ones you've installed, so I may have to make another purchase somewhere down the line...

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I got mine through GM Accessories back in 2003. I had them on my 03 TB and moved them to my 07 TB. Michigan winters are tough on these vehicles but the flaps have withstood everything. They still look new. The Chevy logo still shines.

View attachment 23057

Attachments

• DSC00630.jpg
    DSC00630.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online

No members online now.