Moyie mud bogs - Spring 2012

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Not sure if anyone is interested, but if you are and would like to caravan....

Dates: May 11-13, 2012 (yes, that's Mother's Day weekend)

No glass
No dogs
$20 at the gate gets you in all weekend.

Take 95 to Threemile (north of Bonners ferry), turn right to Moyie. There's a big sign on the left across from the gas station as you drop down the hill. Turn left there. A mile or so up the dirt road, and you are there. These are the best directions I have for now.

Not planning on getting the mall princess all muddied up, but may take a couple runs in my buddy's K5.

Since its a couple months out and people may have to give advance notice for work or whatnot...

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I think I am going with one of my coworkers so I'll be there. We can setup up a trailblazer section. Haha

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Hmmm, have to check and see when the date gets closer. If I have the 02 back in Seattle by then Ill try to make it out, if not Id have to tag along with someone as the SS is NOT going mudding haha!

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
I think I am going with one of my coworkers so I'll be there. We can setup up a trailblazer section. Haha

For sure

ScarabEpic22 said:
Hmmm, have to check and see when the date gets closer. If I have the 02 back in Seattle by then Ill try to make it out, if not Id have to tag along with someone as the SS is NOT going mudding haha!

I'm not mudding mine. Don't want to replace the front disconnect again. At least after doing it once, it'll be easier.... Hopefully.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I might mud mine and see how those coopers are in the mud. Haha

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Got an update on price and rules, guess I was using last year's price.

$25 per person for the weekend. Kids 12 and under are free.

Absolutely NONE of the following:

glass bottles, ATV's, anybody under 18 w/o a parent/legal guardian (no not your 18 year old cousin/brother/sister, etc... you are with), DOGS, unauthorized vending

Everyone in the vehicle must wear their seatbelt at ALL times on ALL obstacles (mud, sand hill, rock crawl, tank trap, etc...)

Security WILL be on duty 24 hours a day during the event.

The group I'm meeting there is scoping Google maps for a camp site. Once found, I'll post here.

Also, I'm bringing my little trailer to haul a barbecue over, so if anyone from the west side needs some extra space.... It's an open 4x8 so nothing that can fly away (has slatted sides though).

The plan is to head out Friday morning to beat traffic.... Or get stuck in it.

nameless4ever

May 7, 2012
i was trying to get more info since the site is down under construction. i wanted to know if there is a certin time or day that certin events go on or is it all at one time just everything going at once?
Anything i need to make sure to bring if iam staying the weekend? let me know thx

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
nameless4ever said:
i was trying to get more info since the site is down under construction. i wanted to know if there is a certin time or day that certin events go on or is it all at one time just everything going at once?
Anything i need to make sure to bring if iam staying the weekend? let me know thx

I personally haven't been to one yet so i can't quite help you yet, but one of the guys i work with goes every year so i can ask him tomorrow and give you some answer tomorrow.

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
I don't have a set time, but did have a small change in plans.... Have to go to Missoula on Thursday and backtrack to Moyie on Friday.

I'd say bring basic camping gear or a travel trailer.

Watch for the black tb with the pirate flag (only one I have)... There should also be a black/white k5 with it.

As for amenities, there are lots of CLEAN honey pots, several generators running lights, lots of security, snack/espresso bar and beer truck.

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/338008351364/

"One more thing....You can NOT go onto the state land until FRIDAY. You can come n camp/park whenever but only on the main property (where the bogs are located) until FRIDAY. You cannot stake out your spot until then either....too many problems in the past. We are sorry for any inconvenience but this is what happens when people do not follow the rules that are given."

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Here... Was able to get the actual address

1710 Eileen Road, Moyie Springs, ID 83845

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Sorry guys, I had something come up while in Missoula, so not able to make it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online