Motor Mounts

RocklinRichard

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Have a 2004 XUV 4X4 with 167K on 5.3. I'm original owner. Appears I need motor mounts. One of the post says OEM are not available; anyone confirm that?
Also lots of post about changing mounts on I6, but can't find any on the V8. Searched old site as well with no luck. Anyone done motor mount changes on the V8? Thanks.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Found some on GM Parts Direct

Go to the catalog, it'll ask if it's okay to show you the catalog since it's provided by a third-party. Say yes, they just outsourced the catalog upkeep really. Start by entering make and model (doesn't matter which model, what's important is selecting the right engine) Follow this series to get to what you need:

After you enter the basic beginning info, just search for motor mount. I'd post a direct link but the way their catalog is set up doesn't allow that.

Not sure if shipping is extra or not, I'd assume it is. You can also enter your VIN number when you submit your cart, one of their representatives will verify the parts you've selected and email you a confirmation apparently. They offer tons and tons of GM OEM stuff, so if you're looking for anything else OEM then you can compare prices while you're there I guess.

RocklinRichard

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the reply IllogicTC, however I need the mounts for the V8 5.3L; gmpartsdirect does not show any for the 5.3, and old discussions on the boards indicate they aren't available.

Thanks for the welcome Wooluf1952, and you are correct, My XUV is a 2004, I've owned it since 10/2004 (I corrected original post). With the help of this site and the old site, I've changed rear air bags and A/C mode actuator. Stock vehicle with only a few issues like rear and mid-gate window regulators. Currently needs motor mounts, lower control arm bushings, and the typical stepper motor / light replacement on the guages.

Back to the motor mounts: GMparts direct and RockAuto have NO mounts listed for 2003 or 2004 Envoy with 5.3L V8. RockAuto has aftermarket (DEA) for 2005-2009 Envoy 5.3 for about $60 for the pair, does anyone know if these will work, or the quality? GMpartsdirect also has mounts available for the Envoy 5.3L V8 in the 2005+ model years for about $327 for the pair. Once again, will these fit? Are they better quality than the non-OEM from RockAuto?

Can anyone that's replaced these on a V8 4X4 comment on how difficult it is? Has anyone outlined the procedure? Thanks for the welcome, the replies, and help.:smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online