motor mounts

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
any one replace motor mounts with performance mounts? are these even available for our 4.2s?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If you need to replace them for the annoying 10 Hz vibration that's worse in DRIVE than in NEUTRAL, only OEMs are reported to work well. Aftermarket ones have a different stiffness that doesn't solve the rotational vibration.

Except for the vibration due to collapsed mounts, there's no reason to change them.

"Performance" is an adjective better applied to anti-sway bar bushings than motor mounts. THOSE have upgraded polyurethane versions available.

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
cool thank roadie! ya we have 146k and we are just now need to replace them so i cant really complain about the factory mounts needing to be replaced!

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
would it be a good idea to replace the transmission mount along with the motor mounts?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
A case can be made for it, and a couple of members have done that, but I didn't change mine when the time came, and I beat on my mounts pretty well with all the offroading. I doubt anybody's tranny mount truly needs changing unless it has visible damage.

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
ok cool thanks roadie i just wanna cover all my bases! i guess i cant really complain the original fuel pump and motor mounts and we are sittin at 146ish. if the next set of mounts last as long as these ill be happy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online