MN Members Check In

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
Farmington :biggrin:

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Pepin, WI---Yeah, I'm still making the long drives for beer.:Lager Louts:

And by the way, what hole did :missing:NeWtIcUs:missing: climb back out of?:raspberry:

WannabeG

Dec 4, 2011
Eden Prairie!

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
bore_pig said:
Pepin, WI---Yeah, I'm still making the long drives for beer.:Lager Louts:

And by the way, what hole did :missing:NeWtIcUs:missing: climb back out of?:raspberry:

Yup...alive and well. :popcorn: This GMTNation thing has revived me! :wootwoot:

Hey, if y'all want pics from the MOA meet they're in my album.

Gump2773

Feb 21, 2012
Blaine! New to GMTN 02 TB

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Representing the mean streets of Maple Grove here.

benstep11

Apr 26, 2012
Coon Rapids MN
Wow, I go away for a few months and you guys up and start a new site on me. Imagine my surprise when I decide to check in on all my friends from the old site. It's taken me the better part of an hour to get up to speed. It's nice to see a site with a future again. Also, since I have a Tahoe now I fit in here better than I did at that old, musty place we used to hang out at.

TL;DR version: It's good to be back.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Anyone still around? It's been a long time, let's put something together.

tricguy007

Dec 7, 2011
Yup still here, any ideas were we should get a group together

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Not yet. I hadn't really been here lately so I thought I'd see who's still around. Maybe try to do something in Oct?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Shawn, f Woodbury.

Eric_Kruger

Feb 13, 2014
New Prague here, just got an 05 tb, ordered marks lift and spacers, waiting on getting the old s10 blazer squared away before tires and install! cant wait! was on the old site, had not logged on for about a year and a half... glad I was able to find the new site!

BOSSV

May 5, 2014
Just picked up my tb for a 2nd vehicle my main ride is my 09 ctsv hence the name BOSSV.

Reside currently in minnetonka

Here's my 03 ltz I just picked up. Already have a few mods ordered
ezetu5ev.jpg

Here's my 09 ctsv
e7e9uveb.jpg

Reactions: Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
BOSSV said:
Just picked up my tb for a 2nd vehicle my main ride is my 09 ctsv hence the name BOSSV.

Reside currently in minnetonka

Here's my 03 ltz I just picked up. Already have a few mods ordered
ezetu5ev.jpg

Here's my 09 ctsv
e7e9uveb.jpg
Welcome! We're finally starting to get a few Minnesotans on gmtnation. Nice CTS V.

BOSSV

May 5, 2014
Thanks man ya was over at the other site post 2 questions no one responded then got a message saying come over here. Already talked to a de guys norcal ss is also here I see he's on the v forum w me so I won't be going back to the other site.

I'm looking for some nice white or black 22s if any of you guys know of any for a steal of a price

Dammage

Oct 15, 2014
Is there anyone around that would let me swap in a PCM and ECM to troubleshoot a couple of issues? I doubt that any of the local garages would let me do this, but it seems like a much more economical solution than buying new ones "just to see". If not, any suggestions on reputable mechanics that can help me troubleshoot without wasting my time/money will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dammage

Oct 15, 2014
Well, I bought this truck about a month ago and I won't bore you all with the story of the dealer that scammed me on it, but it has a few issues. The speedometer and odometer are inoperable, even after replacing the vehicle speed sensors and the park/neutral switch. The drivability is also erratic because sometimes it starts out just fine, whereas after a short drive and a shut-off, it will barely even creep along unless I manually shift it all of the way down to 1st. Also, the torque converter doesn't seem to be locking in and it might not even be shifting into 4th.

Besides all of that, the shift indicator, the unlock-at-park, and the reverse lights still aren't working. Also, the ABS lights come on, and the CEL is on, but I can't read the codes with my ODB II diagnostics tool. Other than all of that, it is a nice truck...lol. I'm really looking to get it all diagnosed so I know what the real problems are and what may or may not just be symptoms of the real problems.

The engine runs strong, and on both of my test-drives, it drove/shifted well from a cold start. I should mention that if I let it sit for 15 minutes, it will drive correctly and seem to have more power until I shut it off and start it up again.

I'm confused...

Dammage

Oct 15, 2014
I should note that I do have a new (used) cluster, ignition switch, wheel ABS sensors, and O2 sensors to put in this week. I already installed a new Catalytic Converter unit.

I am not driving the truck right now (obviously), but I hope to get it on the road in the next couple weeks if possible.

Thanks again,

danj

Sep 29, 2014
That screams ECM issue to me. Double check the ground to our block, and to the body. If both are in good shape I would say it is a pretty safe bet the ECM is bad.

Reactions: Dammage

Dammage

Oct 15, 2014
Thanks, I have another thread going asking which control module was my culprit and I was leaning towards ECM as well. I just didn't want to order one when there are like 3 more that could possibly be the issue. Thanks again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online