Missing bolt?

rolandsvoy

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
In my 2004 Envoy, there's some kind of clip that looks like it's missing a bolt. If I'm standing on the left side of the enigine and look down there's a silver box bolted the engine. If you go to the left of that a little bit and look down, that's where this clip is. It looks like there should be a bolt or screw that goes into it. Just not sure what it's for and hope you guys might be able to help. Thanks.

Attachments

• bolt hole.jpg
    bolt hole.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You need a better picture.

Are you looking on the drivers or passengers side?

It looks like the PCM on the drivers side.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 5

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
I swear you could have a picture where a bolt head filled the entire frame and Roadie would know which it was ... and already have a better picture of it.

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
Wyle said:
I swear you could have a picture where a bolt head filled the entire frame and Roadie would know which it was ... and already have a better picture of it.

That is no lie. 24min... that was the time from original post to Roadie post. That would include time for the picture edit to circle the bolt. 24 min barely gives time to walk outside pop the hood take a picture, upload to computer, and then edit. So he must have had a picture already on his computer.

One must wonder if the Roadie has a picture of every nut, bolt, screw, and component on our truck.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
and people still question why they should come here :crackup:

but yea, no biggie on that bolt... i did a big 3 upgrade on my friends '08 TB and i forgot to put that bolt back in.. he drove around for a month before we could meet up again for me to put it back in... your safe :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
walterc4553 said:
One must wonder if the Roadie has a picture of every nut, bolt, screw, and component on our truck.
Actually, you hit on one of my core philosophies of the new century. Digital film is essentially free. I've had a subscription to Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine since 9th grade, in 1965. And I'm a space nut. One thing NASA and all space hardware manufacturers do is document EVERYTHING they build and launch. Every layer, every nook, every cranny. So in case anybody in the next 20 years asks a question about construction or assembly, somebody can go back into the archives and (hopefully) locate the photo.

I actually do the same. I have about 3500 photos hosted at roadie.org, and maybe 15000 photos total of the vehicle and my trips not hosted. I love to illustrate points with edited pics, and Snagit is a lot faster than photoshop for simple callouts. Tech writing is also one of my many hats at my day job. :wink:

I was also home sick today. Quicker response when I'm sick.

rolandsvoy

Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
You guys are good! I think I've seen those hold down things at Napa, I'll check them out. Thanks!

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
In the op pic, it looks like he may be missing the clamp that the bolt attaches to.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online