Michigan Members check in

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
Hey my names Bobby and I'm checking in from Orion twp. MI. Glad to see so many of you from MI I'll have to keep an eye out. Dont have my pics uploaded yet but they will be comming soon. :thumbsup:

acpowell

Apr 26, 2012
so there are atleast 4 people here from Rochester/Rochester Hils? that is awesome.. I do see a lot of Envoy/Trail Blazers arround town.

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
Im out that way almost every day. Rochester, Oxford, Waterford, yacktown, I do quite a bit of driving. Def have to keep an eye out for fellow gmt'ers. Oh and I got some of my photos uploaded ;-)

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
rppoit said:
Im out that way almost every day. Rochester, Oxford, Waterford, yacktown, I do quite a bit of driving. Def have to keep an eye out for fellow gmt'ers. Oh and I got some of my photos uploaded ;-)

I work just north of Oxford, right next door to Devil's Ridge, but I don't drive the TB to work, she stays clean at home, away from the dirt roads

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
SBUBandit said:
I work just north of Oxford, right next door to Devil's Ridge, but I don't drive the TB to work, she stays clean at home, away from the dirt roads

Oh ok yeah I work in Oxford Im a supervisor with Enviro-Clean. Ya gotta get her dirtied up every now and then. I keep mine in pretty good shape ( hand wash and wax) but the few knick's and scratches i get along the way are all linked to some good times and good beer back in the woods. Well except for the drivers side doors, that happened in a parking lot lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
acpowell said:
so there are atleast 4 people here from Rochester/Rochester Hils? that is awesome.. I do see a lot of Envoy/Trail Blazers arround town.

What's up fellow ROC member :tiphat:

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
hey guys long time no post... this is directed mainly at the SE michigan guys especially oakland county. anyone know of a good body/paint shop around here. im starting to believe the guy before me gave it a nice cheap paint job before i bought it- knicks, scratches, and rust starting to just pop up everywhere (trust me i wash/maintain it regularly, park in the back of parking lots, and drive it clear of any obstacles- i think the sprayer at the car wash has even started pealing away some of the paint)

looking for a shop that...
1) wondering how much a good, full body paint job would cost (kinda want to get rid of the ugly green, not my taste)
2) i have some of the infamous door panel rust, early stages, id rather just get it professionally done

ive found in my research that people despise Maaco jobs, hoping for a name of a local shop with a personal recommendation in oakland county and preferably the troy motor mall (lotta good shops and hard working independent guys there)

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea maaco paint jobs suck balls. Mine was panted from there from prev. owner. Color is not a match....masked of my door moldings which when I ripped those suckers off...yea u get the picture. Front bumper cover was also repainted and they just sprayed right on top of the factory paint (clear and all) and now the shit paint is cracking and falling off. Did a shitty job taking the masking tape off (found shit loads of it all over my truck). Sigh......stupid cheap mo fo's. So what I am trying to tell u is STAY AWAY from maaco. They suck.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
TB2k4 said:
hey guys long time no post... this is directed mainly at the SE michigan guys especially oakland county. anyone know of a good body/paint shop around here. im starting to believe the guy before me gave it a nice cheap paint job before i bought it- knicks, scratches, and rust starting to just pop up everywhere (trust me i wash/maintain it regularly, park in the back of parking lots, and drive it clear of any obstacles- i think the sprayer at the car wash has even started pealing away some of the paint)

looking for a shop that...
1) wondering how much a good, full body paint job would cost (kinda want to get rid of the ugly green, not my taste)
2) i have some of the infamous door panel rust, early stages, id rather just get it professionally done

ive found in my research that people despise Maaco jobs, hoping for a name of a local shop with a personal recommendation in oakland county and preferably the troy motor mall (lotta good shops and hard working independent guys there)

Im on the same boat as you honestly! I have been looking for a paint shop and a good muffler shop also! Nothing yet :frown:

and yeah I hear nothing but bad about Maaco jobs also so I wouldn't bother with them

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
silvernclean said:
Yea maaco paint jobs suck balls. Mine was panted from there from prev. owner. Color is not a match....masked of my door moldings which when I ripped those suckers off...yea u get the picture. Front bumper cover was also repainted and they just sprayed right on top of the factory paint (clear and all) and now the shit paint is cracking and falling off. Did a shitty job taking the masking tape off (found shit loads of it all over my truck). Sigh......stupid cheap mo fo's. So what I am trying to tell u is STAY AWAY from maaco. They suck.

:iagree:
I had maaco paint my old car (Entire car) and it was the worst job I have ever seen. miss spots in numerous places and some spots the paint was on so thin that after 2 or 3 washes the old color started to show through. Never again. :mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.