Michelin Pilot reviews

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have the chance to purchase a "take-off" set of Michelin Pilot MXM4's for my daily driver Maxima. 95% treadlife remaining with less than 3000 miles. Anyone use them on vehicles you have owned? Performance and inclement weather reviews requested.

Ed H

Oct 18, 2012
I always check TireRack for reviews. Michelin's are usually the bomb, but this one gets lower ratings than many Michelin. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with any Michelin tire, however. :undecided:

View attachment 26108

Attachments

• michelin.jpg
    michelin.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ed H said:
I always check TireRack for reviews. Michelin's are usually the bomb, but this one gets lower ratings than many Michelin. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with any Michelin tire, however. :undecided:

View attachment 12029

The Michelin's I've been looking at are take-offs of Fusions, CTS's, and MKZ's. It seems that ratings vary greatly among the pricer Michelins. Most reviews on the Pilot variants have choice words with regards to wet weather handling. To much consensus on the one aspect of rubber I hold very important. I'm going to a wheel shop tomorrow that specializes in after markets...as they have an abundance of take -off michelins to choose from. Energy savers a/s, primacy mxm4 a/s, and defenders are a few they have in stock, most with less than 1/32 of wear. I'm just not hip on the variety of speed ratings that each brand has and how each impact tread warranties. For example, the Primacy has 94w, 98v, and mxv4. It gets a bit confusing when comparing performance across all the different brands. :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online