Member can no longer post...

Voymom

Original poster
Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
I was sent an E-mail on here just now from McGMT stating that he can no longer make posts on the forums. He asked me to post this up here to see if someone can help him.

He has been able to post before, and suddenly today, it isn't allowing him to post. I'm sure he can read this, and if he can't post his answers on here, he can e-mail me and I will post his answers for him.

Thanks!
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
I fixed it. Not sure how it happened and to how many other members, so jman has been alerted. PM me if anybody else has the issue.
 
Upvote 0

McGMT

Member
Jun 17, 2012
621
the roadie said:
I fixed it. Not sure how it happened and to how many other members, so jman has been alerted. PM me if anybody else has the issue.

Thank ya` very much.
 
Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Ahhhhh, I get it now. McGMT - the error message you should have been getting said something like "You have to respond to an email message to confirm your address."

Your old email address quit working, and was whacking hard at the GMTN servers with incessant rejection messages.

You have to enter a NEW email address in your profile, then check that inbox and respond to our confirmation request.

Did you just lose access to your former email address?
 
Upvote 0

McGMT

Member
Jun 17, 2012
621
the roadie said:
Ahhhhh, I get it now. McGMT - the error message you should have been getting said something like "You have to respond to an email message to confirm your address."

Your old email address quit working, and was whacking hard at the GMTN servers with incessant rejection messages.

You have to enter a NEW email address in your profile, then check that inbox and respond to our confirmation request.

Did you just lose access to your former email address?


Yea, I did, switched ISP's but it didn't tell me that, It gave me two generic reasons I couldn't post about permissions but it never told me anything about my email... Ill get that changed out right now though.
 
Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
McGMT said:
Yea, I did, switched ISP's
One should ALWAYS have a non-ISP-based email address. Then they can't hold you hostage, or trap your email when they go bankrupt. There have been many incidents in the history of the net, perhaps most famously @home.com

I own my own domain roadie.org which anybody can do at Godaddy or many other registrars for $10-15 a year. Including email.

Or if you trust Google, get gmail. Then it's portable and you never have to care about changing ISPs.

mcgmt.com is available.
 
Upvote 0

McGMT

Member
Jun 17, 2012
621
the roadie said:
One should ALWAYS have a non-ISP-based email address. Then they can't hold you hostage, or trap your email when they go bankrupt. There have been many incidents in the history of the net, perhaps most famously @home.com

I own my own domain roadie.org which anybody can do at Godaddy or many other registrars for $10-15 a year. Including email.

Or if you trust Google, get gmail. Then it's portable and you never have to care about changing ISPs.

mcgmt.com is available.


Yea, I probably should, I had a hotmail account once 15 years ago. Then I got comcast and truthfully I have had the same email address with them for 14 years now when cable internet came to the little town I grew up in. That account is my fathers and he never changed or canceled so I still have it. I tried verizon for a lil while at my house and had a new address then canceled that garbage and got my cable back (2.5mb downloads are just better) and got another address. Only reason I don't use my original mail address is because of the MOUNTAIN of SPAM...

Maybe I will have to change my wicked ways... :wink:
 
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,307
Posts
637,746
Members
18,509
Latest member
Napalm

Members Online