Meet - Duluth, GA - 10/17/2013

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Just throwing this out there to see if there is interest...

I'll be passing through Atlanta on my way to Florida on Thursday October 17th around dinner time. The very first time I made this trip as a member of the OS, Kevin (ssmedt) and Jon (jsprewell) met with me for a mini-meet. Since this is likely to be the last time I drive to Florida, I was thinking that a reunion mini-meet would be cool. I was also hoping to see some new faces as well. This is open to anyone who wants to come. :thumbsup:

*** Updated Location ***

Bahama Breeze
3590 Breckinridge Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096

Thursday October 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
I will try to see what I can work out but with a new baby and having to work that Thursday might be hard to get to that side of ATL an chance of coming to the east side of ATL? You going to stay the night in ATL or driving through

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ssmedt said:
might be hard to get to that side of ATL an chance of coming to the east side of ATL?
Absolutely. If you can suggest a place for a meet on that side. The only thing that is not flexible for me is the date and time. Of course, I could always stop on the way back instead. I will be passing back through on Saturday November 2nd.
ssmedt said:
You going to stay the night in ATL or driving through
I like to try to make it past Macon on the first day, but it depends on how late I stay for the meet.

06_GATOR_VOY said:
where in florida are you going?
Pinellas Park. I've been making this trip almost every year since my mom moved down in 1990.

black ice

Jan 16, 2012
That sound's good, I can pencil you in on that date.. Douglasville it is. I don't see a problem with it as of now.:thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
jsprewell said:
I'm good for both those dates. Also, East/West is fine with me.
Cool!

black ice said:
That sound's good, I can pencil you in on that date.. Douglasville it is. I don't see a problem with it as of now.:thumbsup:
That's great, Larry. Hope you can make it. There's a chance that we'll be moving it to the East side of Atlanta though.

black ice

Jan 16, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Cool!

That's great, Larry. Hope you can make it. There's a chance that we'll be moving it to the East side of Atlanta though.

ok, keep me posted..

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know, I might not be making the trip to Florida this year. I will update as I'm able.

(Please have the meet anyway...the Atlanta area is long overdue!)

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
UPDATE...

I'm 99% sure I'll be making the trip. Let's get this one going again! :wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
jsprewell said:
We have to put down a time and a place!
The time will still be 6:00. I'll try to get there a little earlier. But when you're making a 600 mile road trip, it's hard to be exact. I guess the location will depend on Kevin. If having it on the East side will increase his chances of going, I think we should try it.

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
This is going to be October 17th right?

The mechanic better have the Envoy done by then! :mad:

Either way, I'll be coming.

(and if the Envoy is done, I hope to have a few more mods I've had laying around done also)

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ssmedt said:
not sure if it is too far out of the way
Not too far off the route for me.

jsprewell said:
This is going to be October 17th right?
Yep. That's it.

I've made the changes to the thread title and post #1.

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
If everything goes as planned, I will have the Envoy back for the meet and it will have a new heart! :wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
It's the one-week countdown. :wootwoot:

Hope everyone can still make it!

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
When Katie and I get there we will get us a table just need a head count. Sam and john any family/ friends coming with. Katie and I can't stay past 8 because we have to get up at 4 on Friday for work so I would like to order by 630. Looking forward to seeing everyone on thursday

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
ssmedt said:
we have to get up at 4 on Friday for work

Sounds like my weekends! :rotfl: (and that Thursday, I'll be heading there straight from work! :wootwoot:smile:

I will be coming by myself. Still don't know if the Envoy will be joining us though. :frown:

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
jsprewell said:
Sounds like my weekends! :rotfl: (and that Thursday, I'll be heading there straight from work! :wootwoot:smile:

I will be coming by myself. Still don't know if the Envoy will be joining us though. :frown:

I don't know if Sam is bringing the SS or not but lol with only 1 truck this is not an official meet by the OS standards :rotfl:

Maybe I should leave the rainier at home so I could be like the cool kids:crazy:

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
ssmedt said:
I don't know if Sam is bringing the SS or not but lol with only 1 truck this is not an official meet by the OS standards :rotfl:

Maybe I should leave the rainier at home so I could be like the cool kids:crazy:

If Sam brings the Tahoe, then doesn't that count for GMTNation? :wink:

Besides, I'm hoping I get it Tuesday or early Wednesday. I drove by the shop today and it looked like they were working on it. So, I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see what the timeframe is. For their sake, I hope they are further along than what I am thinking...

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
ssmedt said:
Katie and I can't stay past 8
I can't stay very late either. I usually try to make it South of Macon before stopping for the night.

Head count - just me.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
The day has arrived! See everyone later. :thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
A big thanks to Kevin (and family) and John for meeting up. :grouphug:

Unfortunately the visit was shortened due to uncooperative traffic. :mad:

Sorry, no pictures of this one.

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
Fun times were had and for anyone who has been through Atlanta at rush hour in the rain you made great time

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.