looking for xuv owners

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
OK it seems like the xuv model envoys are few and far between, there almost like trying to find station wagon versions of some cars, LOL

Anyway I'm looking for pics of yall's xuv's, mine is stock so I wont bother posting a pic of mine

P.S. I would love to see an xuv with the front leveled and riding on 245/70/17 or 265/65/17 mud terrain or all terrain tires

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
View attachment 21043

pretty much stock. just painted the badges all-around and the top rails. don't really like chrome.
2.5" lift getting put on soon. plus i found the roof racks, which was awesome.

Attachments

• xuv.jpg
    xuv.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I don't really like the look of chrome either, IV debadged mine and I'm going to be removing those ugly plastic pieces that run along the doors, I'm changing out the grill as well or I may just paint it like you did, when you install the lift and tires can you post pics

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
psycho91 said:
I don't really like the look of chrome either, IV debadged mine and I'm going to be removing those ugly plastic pieces that run along the doors, I'm changing out the grill as well or I may just paint it like you did, when you install the lift and tires can you post pics

i'll definitely post photos once the lift is on. i probably won't be increasing tire size, though. seems like it'll be too much trouble to get significantly bigger tires without hammering/cutting/grinding.(or buying spacers). my off-roading won't be too aggressive. i really think these truck are just a little too low.

as for the grill, plasti-dip is your friend. if you don't like it, just peel it off. the wheels will be plasti-dipped next: gun-metal gray.

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Well I'm wanting to make it emblemless, so doing the grill and rims will be a little more expensive than just plasti dip, I'm not going to much bigger with my tires just one size up from what they are now which is stock, if I ever get the money I'm going to lift it as high as I can without custom modification and but the biggest tire I can without cutting/hammering, then again I like the look of the 20's with the off-road tires as well

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I count seventeen members who have put XUV in their profile, seven of whom have 0-2 post count.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
HERE!!!

2012-03-17191329.jpg

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Billdaman said:
Here! I know a little bit about these vehicles
Yep. Bill was on the design team for these unique vehicles with the singular mission. But he can't be blamed for GM's corporate lack of parts support. Bill, can you post a list of the essential parts you might keep in stock that GM isn't going to carry forever and the aftermarket is never going to support? Like membrane switches, etc.?

Billdaman

Jan 19, 2012
the roadie said:
Yep. Bill was on the design team for these unique vehicles with the singular mission. But he can't be blamed for GM's corporate lack of parts support. Bill, can you post a list of the essential parts you might keep in stock that GM isn't going to carry forever and the aftermarket is never going to support? Like membrane switches, etc.?

Will do Roadie, I have to hook up my backup drive and locate the files, I have lots of goodies stored that I will post. How many posts do you need to publish articles? Would like to start an XUV folder if possible. Here's what I have on this drive, gates part list and wiring diagram for the gate. Note the part number for the membrane switch is at the bottom of the list. Found the switches today at GMpartseast.com for $21.00 each and ordered up 2. I go through 1 switch a year!

15101543 SWITCH
Replaced by: 22747152 2 21.43

Gateparts.jpg

XUVendgatewiringdiagram.gif

Here's my XUV which is currently semi retired and serving as transportation for my teenage daughter (Although I am careful to still refer to it as MY truck!)

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

londonpictures004.jpg

joeredspecial

Mar 23, 2012
You could always move to Metro Detroit, the only place where you can still manage to see a couple of these a day.

but they are all stock :\

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
:hissyfit:

And whats wrong with stock?

Actually near me, there are about 15 or so. And my truck has an identical twin (without the 97x nav) about a mile from my home.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TollKeeper said:
:hissyfit:

And whats wrong with stock?

If you gotta ask, you wouldn't understand. I need at least little things to set my car/truck apart from the rest, even if I'm the only one who will notice.

Jovo

Nov 22, 2011
03TB93 said:
Check out jovo. Hes got a sweet xuv. Not sure the rim size or anything like that. But hes got the micest one ive seen on here. If anyone else has one. I havent seen it. But ya, check out chris's ( JOVO )
-Dan

EDIT: http://gmtnation.com/f39/envoy-xuv-matte-black-ss-rims-275-55-lots-pics-3016/

These are his most recent pics ^

Wel im extremely late on this, but thanks Dan, I appreciate bro!! As to psycho, check out my gallery, I have some pics in their. Will be washing my XUV tomorrow so ill have more to add to my thread.

My front is leveled, in the winter I run 265/65/17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo ATs. Again, check out my gallery for those.

Let me know if you have any questions :thumbsup: Great to see another XUV owner

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.