Looking for a chrome Bowtie

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I need a chrome bowtie for the front of the SS. Plain, no lines, no text. I know there are a lot of different options out there, so I would like some feedback before I buy anything. Obviously, I would like the look of the chrome to match the chrome at the bottom of the SS bumper. I've seen some pics where the bowtie looks like it has a different tint.

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
I need a chrome bowtie for the front of the SS. Plain, no lines, no text. I know there are a lot of different options out there, so I would like some feedback before I buy anything. Obviously, I would like the look of the chrome to match the chrome at the bottom of the SS bumper. I've seen some pics where the bowtie looks like it has a different tint.

I have one that is rusted a little, and chipping. If you want it it's yours. You would need to rechrome it though...or sand it and paint it.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
tbuckalew14 said:
I have one that is rusted a little, and chipping. If you want it it's yours. You would need to rechrome it though...or sand it and paint it.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't have the means to restore it, I am just looking for a new one.

The problem seems to be that I can't trust anything I am finding out there. I just can't trust those sellers that claim their product will fit on 2004-2011 TrailBlazers, or the mythical 2005 SS. Then I am seeing some comments about how there is a gap around some of the ones that claim to fit the TB... so I am a little worried about what to get, and where. I just want a polished chrome bowtie with no lines, and it should fit like the stock bowtie.

Those of you that have these, where did you get them?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I've had both the chrome and polished aluminum ones from Jetttstream.

They both looked good and fit perfectly. Give him a shout. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree:

i personally have a billet bowtie and it fits perfectly on my SS... let me try and find a pic for you if your interested in the looks...

heres a pic of the bowtie itself.. it has the outline in it that you dont want.. but you have an idea of what it looks like... ill snap a pic of it on my truck if you would like to see the gaps etc... there are none and it firts perfectly

Billetbowtie.jpg

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:

Here ya go boss. Hope this helps.

http://ww.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24765

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
and here are some pix i just took of the bowtie on my SS... hope this gives you an idea of what your looking for...

2012-01-02161236.jpg

2012-01-02161244.jpg

2012-01-02161303.jpg

2012-01-02161253.jpg

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i got the same one as juan. got it from autoanything.com i think its manufactured by AMI

i know a place down in my neck of the woods that chromes stuff btw

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i had gotten a chrome bowtie from stylin trucks for my 03. fit was good, but after a couple summers(only had it on in summer) the chrome started peeling.
have the polished billit one from jetttstream now for my 09. good fit, good quality. :twocents:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
I'll have to keep that in mind for my rims one day...

already asked, they're not set up do to rims, said it would cost more than a new set of factory repros.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
jimmyjam said:
already asked, they're not set up do to rims, said it would cost more than a new set of factory repros.

:badday:So much for that idea.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:iagree:

i personally have a billet bowtie and it fits perfectly on my SS... let me try and find a pic for you if your interested in the looks...

heres a pic of the bowtie itself.. it has the outline in it that you dont want.. but you have an idea of what it looks like... ill snap a pic of it on my truck if you would like to see the gaps etc... there are none and it firts perfectly

Billetbowtie.jpg

Ive got the same one on my TB, it looks good.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
and here are some pix i just took of the bowtie on my SS... hope this gives you an idea of what your looking for...

2012-01-02161253.jpg

Juan, you should color match the outline. That would look shweeeeet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.