Locking gas cap ?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Ghost said:
I searched the forums found no info... I really want a metal one but will settle with a plastic one is this the correct one for my truck Stant Products 431-10506 - Stant Locking Fuel Caps - Overview - SummitRacing.com ?

Ya know, Chevy sells a locking gas cap....

ACDELCO Part # GT264 {#10326376, 25862765}
CAP PKG,LKG GAS FOR GMC RPO Z88 BEND THE TETHER HOOK FOR CLEARANCE; w/CHEVROLET(X88) or G M C(Z88); W/2 KEYS, W/O TETHER; EXT LS; EXT LT

Available at rockauto for $18.89

And by the look of the catch on that summit one it isn't quite the same...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
McGMT said:
Ya know, Chevy sells a locking gas cap....

ACDELCO Part # GT264 {#10326376, 25862765}
CAP PKG,LKG GAS FOR GMC RPO Z88 BEND THE TETHER HOOK FOR CLEARANCE; w/CHEVROLET(X88) or G M C(Z88); W/2 KEYS, W/O TETHER; EXT LS; EXT LT

Available at rockauto for $18.89

And by the look of the catch on that summit one it isn't quite the same...

Thanks ! Does rock auto give gmtnation members a discount ? Lol

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Ghost said:
Thanks ! Does rock auto give gmtnation members a discount ? Lol

If you google rockauto discount code you can usually find 5% off....

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
You might want to keep searching a tad longer, I'm know I've seen one mentioned recently either here, or the OS. The thread showed a few pics, and it worked with the OEM tether...
I want one myself, so gimme a chance to retrace my steps and I'll see if I can find it again

EDIT: BUT if I find it, and you're really happy about it, and post such in massive blazing red letters, I swear this will be the next search I perform:

contract hitmen in Oxnard- Google Search :rotfl::thumbsup:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
WarGawd said:
You might want to keep searching a tad longer, I'm know I've seen one mentioned recently either here, or the OS. The thread showed a few pics, and it worked with the OEM tether...
I want one myself, so gimme a chance to retrace my steps and I'll see if I can find it again

EDIT: BUT if I find it, and you're really happy about it, and post such in massive blazing red letters, I swear this will be the next search I perform:

contract hitmen in Pittsburgh - Google Search :rotfl::thumbsup:

I didn't do the bright red letter post... Ghost did and he is a californian

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
WarGawd said:
yeah it was him I was talking to, I screwed up the location and couldnt edit quick enough dammit :biggrin:

haha ok, but if you need one let me know... muh haha :smiley_kill:

TonyT

May 6, 2012
Ghost said:
I searched the forums found no info...
Does it need it? A friend, who is a mechanic, filled his pickup just before returning it at the end of the lease. He said there was no way he could get a hose down to siphon out any fuel.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
TonyT said:
Does it need it? A friend, who is a mechanic, filled his pickup just before returning it at the end of the lease. He said there was no way he could get a hose down to siphon out any fuel.

Gas is $4.50± a gallon here. I live in a high crime area. I think I "need" it, made my purchase thanks for the replys:thumbup:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I know the last 4 GM products I have owned/own have an anti-siphon device in the filler neck. It is basically a ball inside a perforated cage that lets the fuel go around, but prevents a hose from getting into the tank.

Granted, that won't stop someone who is pi$$ed at you from "hookin' a brother up", but they won't get your gas.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
C-ya said:
I know the last 4 GM products I have owned/own have an anti-siphon device in the filler neck. It is basically a ball inside a perforated cage that lets the fuel go around, but prevents a hose from getting into the tank.

Granted, that won't stop someone who is pi$$ed at you from "hookin' a brother up", but they won't get your gas.

That is actually a roll over valve... But it does keep you from siphoning unless you can knock it apart.. But ya` know thieves have already solved the locking gas cap problem... Nowadays they just punch a hole in the bottom of the gas tank.... It is like a locked window, if they want in they will get in.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
McGMT said:
That is actually a roll over valve... But it does keep you from siphoning unless you can knock it apart.. But ya` know thieves have already solved the locking gas cap problem... Nowadays they just punch a hole in the bottom of the gas tank.... It is like a locked window, if they want in they will get in.

I found that out the hard way some jerko slashed the filler hose on my brand new Chrysler 300. Gas is now $4.89 and climbing up. Supposidly there closing Costco gas stations and its supposed to get up to $6 a gal

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Ghost said:
I found that out the hard way some jerko slashed the filler hose on my brand new Chrysler 300. Gas is now $4.89 and climbing up. Supposidly there closing Costco gas stations and its supposed to get up to $6 a gal

I love living in the civilized world.. $3.85 a gallon... mmmhmmm

I have always hated California, talk about a nanny state, it doesn't get much worse than that place... So bad they are starting to screw with the whole country. I guess California is to the other states what the United States is to the other countries..

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
TonyT said:

FWIW it's not the siphoning that was my main concern. I'm stuck living in an area where stupid punks will think nothing of walking up to a guy's brand new Harley Davidson F-150 and keying the entire side and tailgate. I'm just hoping to keep the casual passerby from having an easy time pouring something in my tank.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
WarGawd said:
FWIW it's not the siphoning that was my main concern. I'm stuck living in an area where stupid punks will think nothing of walking up to a guy's brand new Harley Davidson F-150 and keying the entire side and tailgate. I'm just hoping to keep the casual passerby from having an easy time pouring something in my tank.

Sounds more like you need to electrify the body of the vehicle....

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
McGMT said:
Sounds more like you need to electrify the body of the vehicle....

Wouldn't mind doing that but if a child touches the electrified body of the vehicle more than likely it will kill the child. So its not a good idea. However you or I could wrap the goosneck on the fuel tank with insulating material than wrap it in a fine metal mesh and insulate the gas door and make both of those have 1a 50v and it would very much hurt, again you could injure a person or kill them. :thumbup:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
WarGawd said:
Looks like you already got yours, so this is a little late, but here's the article I was talking about: Installing A Locking Gas Cap

Hope it's ok to post links to OS - if not I expect someone will capture my Roomba, reprogram it and send it back through time to kill me before I create the post :biggrin:

ROOMBA ATTACK!!! Naw, we aren't afraid of losing members to the other side so its cool...

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
What gas cap did you buy? I was thinking of getting one.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
What gas cap did you buy? I was thinking of getting one.

Ac delco got mine from amazon tho.
And I killed my roomba vacuum. One day it kept vacuuming the floor when I was trying to sleep so I drop kicked it and it died lol I miss it :sadcry:

P.s dont remember my.login for trailvoy.com sorry

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
From the OS:
Stant, model number 11506 is supposed to be the same as 10506, just a different
package; one is shrink-wrapped, the other is boxed.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Ghost said:
I could wrap the goosneck on the fuel tank with insulating material than wrap it in a fine metal mesh and insulate the gas door and make both of those have 1a 50v .....

Interesting scorched earth warfare approach. I wonder if Sun Tzu would approve?

Is it just me, or does making a bunch of sparks near the gas tank of the vehicle you're trying to protect seem like a little bit of a strategy error?

:explode: Ooooopsy

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
WarGawd said:
Interesting scorched earth warfare approach. I wonder if Sun Tzu would approve?

Is it just me, or does making a bunch of sparks near the gas tank of the vehicle you're trying to protect seem like a little bit of a strategy error?

:explode: Ooooopsy

I have other ideas on traps but wont talk about it here...no one wants be on the badboy list:thumbup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online