List year under username

ScarabEpic22

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Hi guys, we already put the year of our trucks into our profiles, can we have the year displayed along with the make, model, and drivetrain below our screennames on the left? Make a BIG difference when comparing the PCM/ECM stuff as our platform used 5 different PCM/ECM/TCM combos over the years. 3 for the I6 and another 3 for the V8 (1 is shared, the E67). Trying to make tuning recommendations or differences in swaybars/tierods/etc are year-dependent.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
We will be adding the year, its not as simple as it looks though. We are trying to NOT let the size of the avatar and info get any bigger, it gets out of hand. So, Jman has to make manual adjustments to the sizes of the blocks and characters allowed and more technical stuff. Jman is traveling for work right now, as soon as he gets home he is planning on making it all work.:cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
We will be adding the year, its not as simple as it looks though. We are trying to NOT let the size of the avatar and info get any bigger, it gets out of hand. So, Jman has to make manual adjustments to the sizes of the blocks and characters allowed and more technical stuff. Jman is traveling for work right now, as soon as he gets home he is planning on making it all work.:cool:

Well the way I see it is that there are some things on our avatar that do not really need to be there. I mean the join date, if someone wants to know, they can check our profile. To me that is something that we do not need to know on the spot. Also where it says online or offline, why not do something similar to TV? Green dot for online and grey or red for offline next to the picture or something you know. Then that we you can add the year and our real names as stated in a different thread and it wont be too much. So think about that, maybe that will work out nicely :biggrin:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Well the way I see it is that there are some things on our avatar that do not really need to be there. I mean the join date, if someone wants to know, they can check our profile. To me that is something that we do not need to know on the spot. Also where it says online or offline, why not do something similar to TV? Green dot for online and grey or red for offline next to the picture or something you know. Then that we you can add the year and our real names as stated in a different thread and it wont be too much. So think about that, maybe that will work out nicely :biggrin:

lol.... the green dot isn't an option here. We tried that already. Whatever we do will most likely require some custom work. We will figure it out eventually.:cool:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
lol.... the green dot isn't an option here. We tried that already. Whatever we do will most likely require some custom work. We will figure it out eventually.:cool:

:goodpost: Keep up the great work on making the site :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:

Hm, why not? That has been the standard for so long on vBulletin.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:

I am sure whatever you guys come up with will be good! You guys have been doing a great job on the site and it getting better and better! :yes:

ScarabEpic22

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Thanks for the update, just wanted to see if it was possible. Hope Jman has some time when he gets back!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online