lights acting up

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Alright guys I got another issues. We pulled the hids out and put regular bulbs in it about three weeks ago. Since then out left blinker arrow on the cluster is slightly lit, the left headlight doesn't light up completely, both high beam bulbs glow when the low beams are on, and finally we have replaced the left turn signal twice. It will work normally then go out and start blinking through the low beam bulb? Also if we use the high beams while driving or sittin the truck will stall, and only the right low beam and high beam will light up the left goes completely out? I'm about done with it... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Smells like an issue with the ground for the left light assembly, which is called ground G107, highlighted in this diagram on the side of the engine block

View attachment 23292

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 7

dfc739

Jul 29, 2012
Des Moines, IA
I know it's a stupid question, but have you checked your fuses? :crazy: My brother had a 2003 Impala that had issues very close to your symptoms. After I spent an hour checking all the wiring up front with a multimeter, I looked up at him and said "Did you check your fuses?" Two minutes later and he was fixed up. It didn't make sense to me at the time with it being a fuse but it has something to do with the wiring setup. His low beam fuse was blown, but it caused one side to be bright and the other was dim even when switching to high beams. There were other little weird symptoms too, but I don't remember them. Too much electronics... :hissyfit:

cmatb08

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
dfc739 said:
I know it's a stupid question, but have you checked your fuses? :crazy: My brother had a 2003 Impala that had issues very close to your symptoms. After I spent an hour checking all the wiring up front with a multimeter, I looked up at him and said "Did you check your fuses?" Two minutes later and he was fixed up. It didn't make sense to me at the time with it being a fuse but it has something to do with the wiring setup. His low beam fuse was blown, but it caused one side to be bright and the other was dim even when switching to high beams. There were other little weird symptoms too, but I don't remember them. Too much electronics... :hissyfit:

Ya that was the first thing I checked. All the fuses are good. Would it be because we have 20s in instead of 10s?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
dfc739 said:
...Too much electronics... :hissyfit:
There is no such thing as too much electronics. :raspberry:

There is just a shortage of geeks that "get it". :rotfl:

Our wiring systems don't have the same sort of sneak paths as you were seeing, especially the solid state relay control of the low beam DRL function.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online