Lift for a 2005 Canyon 4x4

GrandCanyon36

Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys. I'm interested in lifting my 05 Canyon 4x4. I was thinking a 2/2.5 inch lift, so nothing too crazy. My dilemma is I see multiple options for 5 inches or more and they're very expensive. Does anyone know where I could find a smaller lift at a reasonable price?

On a side note, what's the difference between a lift kit and a leveling kit?

Knucklehead

Registered Member
Jul 23, 2014
Crank the torsion bars. That should get you around 2inches.

But it gives a harsh ride also.

A leveling kit usually is 2-2.5 lift. It will sit even with the rear of the truck.

For 4x. It ain't worth it unless your going over 5 inches in lift. Canyon you can prolly get a 33in tire in there.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
A lift generally is same front and rear, but a leveling kit is an offset lift sdo the front comes up more while the back goes up a bit less so the stance is level vs the typical factory rake.

denaliguy

Registered Member
Jun 1, 2013
GrandCanyon36 is a friend of mine and I told him he's got to join this site, full of awesome members. First post and you guys did not disappoint as expected. God I love this country!

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bama Bill

Staff Online

Members Online

About Us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Secure Browsing

GMTNation.com uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by Sectigo SSL with high-strength encryption.