LED's? HID's? Pulling my hair out!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
I didn't know that about the hi beams...So technically I just need 1 kit then? I don't use my brights very often, just to flash assholes that don't turn their's off lol I like the yellow for some reason, but I don't know how good they will look. I was looking at DDM, and see that they have 2 kits, the slim and the new raptor...I have no idea what the difference is. And the 9006 is bulb type? So I would order the HBA9006? I want to do the 6000k, would my hi beams still be brighter than those or will I need to upgrade to something else?

I have the silm kit which warms up the lights much quicker (up to 5sec for warm up time) so I would get those! Yes 9006 is what you would get for your low beams. Now will your high beams be brighter? No but they will go much farther and there is not any reason to upgrade them if you do not use them. I never did and I use mine once in a blue moon and of course the random flash here and there :biggrin: The 6000K is what I have and what you see in those pictures.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
Yes 2 Kits and 2 Harnesses

You can do highs if you want, I do not recommend them because HID's take about up to 5 seconds to warm up and get full brightness. So when you switch from lows to highs then your lightless till those HID's light up. Plus when you flash those Assholes driving you cannot because they need to warm up haha but if you want HID's for your highs go for it. Just do a quad beam mod. That will keep your low beams on while you flick your highs on so your not lightless at night as they warm up :thumbsup:

Whats the yellow color that you want?

Edit: :raspberry: Nevermind, you fixed that later

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Edit: :raspberry: Nevermind, you fixed that later

Really? There's a mod for everything lmao!! Almost as bad as APPS for the damn Iphone.

"There's a mod for that"

:eek:

Now you have me confused. I'm going to have to search the quad beam mod...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
Really? There's a mod for everything lmao!! Almost as bad as APPS for the damn Iphone.

"There's a mod for that"

:eek:

Now you have me confused. I'm going to have to search the quad beam mod...
The same article from Regulator. The fog lights are an optional part of the mod. :biggrin: And yes, I think you can do the mod yourself and I think it would be the prerequisite for running HIDs.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Alright, someone around here is contagious, and it aint me.. Who infected VoyMom, and did you remember to get anti-biotics? She caught this mod bug and is just plainly running away with it...

Lift or lower, HID x2, or x4, or x6, demolded, derailed, running boards, LED (I have a feeling she is going to be going CrAzY with this one LOL)...

Before you get to crazy into your mod bug.. Might I suggest just going with some routine Maintenence? For example, the spare tire catch, which is a known issue, probly needs some attention on yours. With kids, being stuck out on the side of the highway is no fun. Also, I beleive there is an upgrade for your rear wiper blade arm, to help with it staying on the glass, and actually working.

Just those 2 items, which can both be done cheaply, then let that mod bug take control...

I recomend VVME. Its what I have on my Voy. I also have the 6000 kit, but after having owned them for over a year now, I wish I had gotten a 5000 kit. The 6000 are a beautiful color, but I really noticed a diference on the output when I was last in Kansas. If I have a HID go out, 5000 bulb will be replacing them.

You will have to either get a DRL killer, or the Diode mod. I recomend the diode mod. I like my perimeter lighting, and with the DRL killer, you loose your perimeter lighting. With the Diode, you keep everything you currently have, just your headlights are always running at full power when turned on, or when DRL activated.

I havent started with the LED mod bug yet, so I am not much help there. I will be doing a few bulbs with the LED. Mainly the ones in the visor mirrors, and the 2 in the very back bed part of my Voy..

Right now I am concentrating on getting this Saab 9-7X Navigation unit to fit the voy, and to also have a 6 disc CD changer mounted somewhere. A few of the 360 guys are dieing for both of these. I have the wiring, but I bought the wrong Nav unit. So now I am shopping for the correct one. Hey VoyMom, want a navigation radio for your truck?

I cant de-rail mine, as the rails are part of the retracting roof. You ever see a XUV before?

I like the molding, so I left mine alone.

Mine already has running boards.. :raspberry:

I posted a thread about the basics of HID, and i think someone borrowed some of it to make the HID Stickey thread. So inbetween the 2, you should be good with the HID.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Well if you do not want HID's you can do silverstar bulbs, I had those before my HID's and those are 55W bulbs vs the stockers are 45W. They are brighter then the stock for sure but they burn out quick (mine did in 9months) so try not to run DRL's on those either to save them longer. They cost quite a bit lol

[EBAY]170657185239[/EBAY]

Here is picture of my silverstars when I had them

IMG00115-20091115-1947.jpg

now here are my HID's 6000K and it is a day and night difference between silverstars and HID's so deff worth the extra $10 or so between the two bulbs

2010-09-01_20-22-21_995.jpg

photo121.jpg

Hellas are whiter and IMO as bright if not brighter than Silver Stars. I got the from this seller almost a year ago and they are still going strong. And you can't bitch about $13 for all 4 bulbs.

[EBAY]370584627997[/EBAY]

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Alright, someone around here is contagious, and it aint me.. Who infected VoyMom, and did you remember to get anti-biotics? She caught this mod bug and is just plainly running away with it...

Lift or lower, HID x2, or x4, or x6, demolded, derailed, running boards, LED (I have a feeling she is going to be going CrAzY with this one LOL)...

Before you get to crazy into your mod bug.. Might I suggest just going with some routine Maintenence? For example, the spare tire catch, which is a known issue, probly needs some attention on yours. With kids, being stuck out on the side of the highway is no fun. Also, I beleive there is an upgrade for your rear wiper blade arm, to help with it staying on the glass, and actually working.

Just those 2 items, which can both be done cheaply, then let that mod bug take control...

I recomend VVME. Its what I have on my Voy. I also have the 6000 kit, but after having owned them for over a year now, I wish I had gotten a 5000 kit. The 6000 are a beautiful color, but I really noticed a diference on the output when I was last in Kansas. If I have a HID go out, 5000 bulb will be replacing them.

You will have to either get a DRL killer, or the Diode mod. I recomend the diode mod. I like my perimeter lighting, and with the DRL killer, you loose your perimeter lighting. With the Diode, you keep everything you currently have, just your headlights are always running at full power when turned on, or when DRL activated.

I havent started with the LED mod bug yet, so I am not much help there. I will be doing a few bulbs with the LED. Mainly the ones in the visor mirrors, and the 2 in the very back bed part of my Voy..

Right now I am concentrating on getting this Saab 9-7X Navigation unit to fit the voy, and to also have a 6 disc CD changer mounted somewhere. A few of the 360 guys are dieing for both of these. I have the wiring, but I bought the wrong Nav unit. So now I am shopping for the correct one. Hey VoyMom, want a navigation radio for your truck?

I cant de-rail mine, as the rails are part of the retracting roof. You ever see a XUV before?

I like the molding, so I left mine alone.

Mine already has running boards.. :raspberry:

I posted a thread about the basics of HID, and i think someone borrowed some of it to make the HID Stickey thread. So inbetween the 2, you should be good with the HID.

I checked the release on the spare tire already, even before we brought it home as we got it during a blizzard and had almost a 3hr drive home, so I wanted to make sure that both my husband and I could get it dropped, and it worked really well. My rear wiper blade may be an eye sore but I can video proof that with the right blades mine works really effectively. The wiper does not sit directly on the glass when not in use, but it actually works better than my front wipers. I recently switched all the wiper blades to Bosch. I had the t-stat replaced as it was stuck open, and got the parts for my sway bar links...just need better weather so we can put those in. I'm also waiting for the weather to clear up so I can clean the throttle body and do a nice wash and wax which with a black truck is essentially pointless :biggrin:

As far as my other mods...I'm not looking to "go crazy". I want to keep my truck as stock as I can but achieve the look I want. I don't want to rush into anything without making sure I will like the modification, and will keep it...I simply do not have the money to waste. I demolded, debadged and took my roof racks off....all of that can be put back on in a matter of a few hours. I want running boards for 2 reasons, I am incredibly short lol and because I like the "lowered" appearance I get from them. The HID's will be my major mod I think. I may do the regulator mod to keep my fog lights on without me having to turn them off and on with a push button. I don't want a huge system, in fact I like my bose speakers and the space I have in my trunck for important things, like diaper bags, strollers and groceries. IF a system was to be put in the truck, it would simply be for transporting the box to my house from where my husband would be buying it and put into HIS car lol.

I have my list, and I really don't have the funds with 6 kids to be spending a whirl wind of money on truck modifications. I would rather take the $400.00 it will cost for a lift kit and spend it on Christmas for my children this year :biggrin:

Have I seen an XUV? About 3 times close up as it repeatedly backed into my Toyota Camry last year, and then decided to pull out of the parking lot with my front bumper attached to it. I have been tempted to chase the bitch down a couple times already as I have to see it every morning as she takes her kids to the same school that I do :hissyfit:

And I have yet to commit to any mod just yet...so I don't think I was bitten to hard :tongue:

The more mods you have the more your going to be fixing things in the truck when they break, and I don't want to be in that boat.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
And I have yet to commit to any mod just yet...so I don't think I was bitten to hard :tongue:

... the operative word here... :biggrin:

Voymom said:
The more mods you have the more your going to be fixing things in the truck when they break, and I don't want to be in that boat.

Not if you do them right the first time (provided you're not wheeling it, or putting your mods in more stressful situations than normal) :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online