LED Mod Problem. Fog Light Turns Interior Lights On and Off?

El1t3tb

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
title explains it all, vid shows it all:frown:

[video=youtube;84oJMNerxnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84oJMNerxnI&context=C30975d8ADOEgsToPDskLp9QJvAcB13uxR52L_-rV_[/video]

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there has to be something wired into a ground that gets connected when you turn on your fogs. The first thing I would do is check all of the wires with a volt meter. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here soon.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
TrailBlazn420 said:
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there has to be something wired into a ground that gets connected when you turn on your fogs. The first thing I would do is check all of the wires with a volt meter. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here soon.

That or some excess solder leaked and is connecting a contact it shouldn't.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
Since I've owned my '04 it has done this. I think it's normal.

Possible that before the LED upgrade you did not see the lights come on cause they were dimmer.

When I turn my Fog lights on, all of the exterior lights (no headlights) also come on as if I had turned Light switch to Parking lights position. I have done the DRL Killer so don't know if this contributed to the way mine behaves.

Another FYI, when I turn on the wipers during the day, the headlights will come on after a few seconds and go off after wipers have been shut off.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
BRomanJr said:
when I turn on the wipers during the day, the headlights will come on after a few seconds and go off after wipers have been shut off.

I wish all cars did that. Here in Florida, in the summer time, we get torrential down pours without any warning and people drive around in the monsoon without turning their headlights on. :hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
this is normal... when you turn your fogs on, your parking lights come on as well outisde... so hence why all the interior lights are coming on... when you hit the fog light button again, does all your lights turn back off?

i've had my SS for 3 years now, and it does the same thing yours is doing... no issues for me... ill take a pic of mine when i get home and show you...

crmcknight

Dec 16, 2011
Boricua SS said:
this is normal... when you turn your fogs on, your parking lights come on as well outisde... so hence why all the interior lights are coming on... when you hit the fog light button again, does all your lights turn back off?

i've had my SS for 3 years now, and it does the same thing yours is doing... no issues for me... ill take a pic of mine when i get home and show you...

This ^^^^^^ Is what I was going to write. It's normal operation.

El1t3tb

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Boricua SS said:

yeah they all turn back off.. didnt know this was normal, kinda bugs the hell out of me :mad::mad:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
When I read this at first I interpreted "ALL interior lights" to include the dome lights and couldn't believe that was normal operation. Always recommending the most precise problem descriptions to get the best help. :wink:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
When I read this at first I interpreted "ALL interior lights" to include the dome lights and couldn't believe that was normal operation. Always recommending the most precise problem descriptions to get the best help. :wink:

It appears, in this case, "ALL interior lights" means dash lights

BRomanJr said:
Another FYI, when I turn on the wipers during the day, the headlights will come on after a few seconds and go off after wipers have been shut off.
My '05 did this as well, some states have a "lights on when wipers are on" law. Good thing, in my opinion.

El1t3tb

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
RayVoy said:
It appears, in this case, "ALL interior lights" means dash lights

i didnt look at the domes to be honest but im pretty sure i would have noticed. when i mean all interior lights i mean cluster, HVAC module, window switches, etc...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
El1t3tb said:
i didnt look at the domes to be honest but im pretty sure i would have noticed. when i mean all interior lights i mean cluster, HVAC module, window switches, etc...
No problems, but like Bill, as I started to read your description, I was running the dome light circuit through my head and trying to visualize what could be wrong.

All's good :thumbsup:

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
When you turn your fogs on that does happen. You just havent noticed it before. Its like driving outside on a sunny day and you go in a parking lot the lights kick in on the dash and everything else. Dont worry :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen

Members Online