Led lights on the A Pillars?

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
So I was bored today and was just messing around with ideas and some possible mods for my truck. So I was just curious at what you guys thought of a custom mount for lights on the A pillars. I have seen them on the jeep wranglers. I think they look pretty good in my opinion. Has anyone here ever toyed around or even attempted to make a bracket for these lights on the a pillar? I have never seen one a tb before, let a lone a saab. I also attached some pictures for those who have not seen it before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 22

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hmm I could see this as a possibility, it'd for sure be the first GMT360 that I know of to have such a mod.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I can see it being mounted to the doors, would need a custom bracket and know-how to make sure you get the drilling/mounting correct the first time.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
DAlastDON said:
I have an older version on my work vehicle. Suction cup mount and remote controlled. It is hard wired and mounted on the roof. Very good light.

http://www.golight.com/
The MATV is an awesome offroad machine. The thermal and infrared driving aids its equipped with for blackout driving is amazing. The upgraded LED headlights made a huge difference.

As far as the lights posted, I think they look ok mounted on a Wrangler, but would look goofy mounted to the hood or A pillar of the TB IMO.

Reactions: Capote

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
To be honest I wasn't too sure if I wanted to do this mod or not. I wanted opinions. I also wasn't too sure exactly where around the a pillar I would want them mounted. I guess if you could somehow make the windshield cowl extra support, it would look best there.

Reactions: Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not really sure what you'd use them for as they wouldn't be legal for street use. Useful for off road maybe if you didn't want to do a light bar I suppose.

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
I think a Unity spotlight (like on the police cars) would look nicer. I know it can be done, a member here put one on his TB. I liked the way it looked. More like factory. No offense, but to me, these look more like an afterthought.

Chris

Reactions: Denali n DOO

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
silverunicorn said:
I think a Unity spotlight (like on the police cars) would look nicer. I know it can be done, a member here put one on his TB. I liked the way it looked. More like factory. No offense, but to me, these look more like an afterthought.

Chris
If you do a Unity spot, you will also need a Setina push bar...no one will mess around... :rotfl:

Reactions: silverunicorn

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.