LED light bar

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Has any one installed a 49" light bar?? Does it plug in to the trailer harness?? And is it difficult to hardwire the reverse lights??(I bought the 5 fuction bar) thanks

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
silvernclean said:
Has any one installed a 49" light bar?? Does it plug in to the trailer harness?? And is it difficult to hardwire the reverse lights??(I bought the 5 fuction bar) thanks

I have one with the reverse lights. It's just a matter taking the taillight off and splicing a wire. I have the the turns, braking and running lights through the trailer harness. I did have to buy an adapter though. I've had it hooked up for over 6 years with no issues.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
I have one with the reverse lights. It's just a matter taking the taillight off and splicing a wire. I have the the turns, braking and running lights through the trailer harness. I did have to buy an adapter though. I've had it hooked up for over 6 years with no issues.

Adapter... cuz it didn't work with the factory harness?? But u have a tb correct. Guess I shoulda stated that in my 1st post. :banghead: but anyway sounds easy. Thanks TIM

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Was asking u about what vehicle u had cuz my reverse lights are in the bumper. But still should be easy.

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
silvernclean said:
Adapter... cuz it didn't work with the factory harness?? But u have a tb correct. Guess I shoulda stated that in my 1st post. :banghead: but anyway sounds easy. Thanks TIM

Oh yeah...I have a TB. You need a 7 to 4 pole adapter for the trailer harness...then just wire the reverse wires together.

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK12716.html
Here is a link for something similar to what I have.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Jeff, just get your butt over here this weekend and we can get it wired up. I am sure we can do it behind the bumper so that you dont have and visible wires or have to use your trailer plug.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
There is a diagram of the trailer wiring harness in our owners manual, shows position on the harness and color.

Took me about an hour to remove the old one and wire in the new one. I do need to go back and wire in a diode because my LED bar backfeeds the brake wire making the truck think the brakes are on, so the remote start no worky. Hardwire looks the best IMO, no visible wires.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
I have had my Fire N Ice for about 4-5 years-first on my 04 Blazer and the last 3 1/2 yrs on my TBSS. I can get these in, along with all the other types of lights I carry.
Reverse lights
TRIMandtiretoballjointheight003.jpg

brake lights
TRIMandtiretoballjointheight002.jpg

parking lights
TRIMandtiretoballjointheight001.jpg

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Jeff, just get your butt over here this weekend and we can get it wired up. I am sure we can do it behind the bumper so that you dont have and visible wires or have to use your trailer plug.

Lol. I won't have it till maybe a couple days b4 the meet. Haha. Otherwise u know id be there.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i had an Optix 49" LED bar, and i just hardwired it directly to my trailer harness... worked fine for me... but once i had my bumper shaved, i ripped it off... there is a diagram,wire description in the owners manual that shows you what wire on the harness controls what... so i just referenced that...

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
:iagree:. I have a TB but just ran the wire up into the tail light and soldered the two wires. Pretty easy job. and btw, i had to get a harness with an extended wire coming off cause the lightbar wire wasnt long enough.. just fyi. idk if any of you had this same problem. :thumbsup: but good luck! should turn out awesome :cool:
-Dan

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DFWWIZ said:
I have had my Fire N Ice for about 4-5 years-first on my 04 Blazer and the last 3 1/2 yrs on my TBSS. I can get these in, along with all the other types of lights I carry.
Reverse lights

Posting your sale price may be helpful :twocents:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Posting your sale price may be helpful :twocents:

Wasn't sure yet on what shipping would be for it other wise I would have. I'm assuming it will be right around the $50 neighborhood shipped.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher