KIA

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
this is a video of my brothers kia running out at Tulsa Raceway Park

[video=youtube;q-g1kb-qPtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-g1kb-qPtI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
What the :lipsrsealed: is in that thing??

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
that there is a kia sportage with a 383 :smile: ive got a couple more videos also

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Have an 2001 Sportage, do you need parts? willing to sell.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Porkins said:
Have an 2001 Sportage, do you need parts? willing to sell.

Just helped my mom sell hers for parts, got $400 for it. Biggest POS car I have ever worked on. Had her cats replaced 5 times, ignition coils went out 3 times, Trans replaced twice. Car was just so effed up.

Never thought of a 383 sportage, I was trying to convince a friend to let me throw his RB26DETT in it for a few days to do some track runs while he waited for a new 240SX to put it in.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
what did it run? video cuts off at the end before showing the time..

but thats definetly something you dont see everyday.. gotta be tons of fun on the street, if its street legal that is :crackup:

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
lol 13.60 on that run. it ran good on the street just had a hard time keeping it cool.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Just helped my mom sell hers for parts, got $400 for it. Biggest POS car I have ever worked on. Had her cats replaced 5 times, ignition coils went out 3 times, Trans replaced twice. Car was just so effed up.

Never thought of a 383 sportage, I was trying to convince a friend to let me throw his RB26DETT in it for a few days to do some track runs while he waited for a new 240SX to put it in.

Tell me about it, we had to replace the drive shaft about two years ago ($200) and now Its a POS in the drive way. Hope to sell it off soon to get a car.

Sorry :hijack:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Porkins said:
Tell me about it, we had to replace the drive shaft about two years ago ($200) and now Its a POS in the dive way. Hope to sell it off soon to get a car.

The last issue hers had was that it had a very bad idle, PCM was bad, as well as something with the exhaust. Hers had 3 cats (who the hell knows why). We removed 2 and it still ran like hell. After that the header started glowing red. She said enough and picked up a Titan. It sat for a while and we would work on it trying to get it to run right. Apparently the header, combines straight into the first cat which was severely clogged. Sold it to a guy at work he paid us $400. He dumped in about $1800 get everything straight and did some body work and he resold it for $3200. Not a bad little pay day for him, it just wasnt worth our time or money.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
The last issue hers had was that it had a very bad idle, PCM was bad, as well as something with the exhaust. Hers had 3 cats (who the hell knows why). We removed 2 and it still ran like hell. After that the header started glowing red. She said enough and picked up a Titan. It sat for a while and we would work on it trying to get it to run right. Apparently the header, combines straight into the first cat which was severely clogged. Sold it to a guy at work he paid us $400. He dumped in about $1800 get everything straight and did some body work and he resold it for $3200. Not a bad little pay day for him, it just wasnt worth our time or money.

Yes, It also has a very bad idle. We've been playing around with it to the point it will start now, just have to fix the dang idle and the shifter cable. That guy did make a good little profit out of it.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Porkins said:
Yes, It also has a very bad idle. We've been playing around with it to the point it will start now, just have to fix the dang idle and the shifter cable. That guy did make a good little profit out of it.

Check all of the 2-3 cats, also might need new coils or at least a tune up. My moms would stop in the road due to the ignition system BS.

Cxkali sorry for the Hijack. I would think your brother would have none of these issues, at least a 383 would have enough balls to blow a clog right out the tail pipe.

Razorback

Dec 21, 2011
My mom has one of these, that she bought new in dec 1999 as a 2000 model, and to this day its got around 40,000 miles now, she just drives it to work, never had any problems yet. By the way that is cool, never thought a 383 would fit in that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online