Key fob

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
So my key fob will program as in once in program mode when you hold down both buttons after 30 seconds the locks will lock unlock but after exiting program mode it still wont work, i do have a bad rear wiper motor but ive unplugged that so dont think it should be an issue. Any ideas

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
New Key Fob Battery installed recently...?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Any other LGM functions work correctly? Liftgate lock/unlock with door switch? Have another fob to try? Is this a new fob? Is it the correct one?

IIRC, it can store up to 4 fobs and then will delete the first (oldest) one in line.

Reactions: mrrsm

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
So i replaced the ignition lock assembly and haven't had any no start situations yet but my key fob, the original still wont work, it will go thru the whole programming fine but once you exit the programming it just wont work.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Any other LGM functions work correctly? Liftgate lock/unlock with door switch? Have another fob to try? Is this a new fob? Is it the correct one?
^^^^

The LGM may be at fault, which may be why the wiper isn't working.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Or THIS... Because of the ordinary motions of Opening and Closing the Lift Gate ...and sometimes ...just because ALL Metals and some Plastics WILL "Work Harden" from Repetitive Flexing... each time anything is BENT...the Copper Molecules in the wire HEAT UP and their Crystal Structures inside of the Wires become smaller and smaller AND more and more BRITTLE over time.

These actions continue until they can separate at their weakest sections; even if hidden inside of what otherwise looks like perfectly sound Wire Insulation. In many cases, the mere accumulation of motions of mild work hardening actions happening inside of unrestrained or untethered vibrating harnesses can do this exact same thing.

THESE images display the proof of this reality. And of course... since the LGM - BCM Circuitry is central to the RF (Radio Frequency) Key FOB Door Locking and Unlocking Activity, it reacts to these *breaks in the wiring* by failing to function properly whenever the FOB Buttons are depressed..

tbliftgategnd1.jpgBoot1.jpghqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
I think i narrowed the problem down to the ribbon that goes from the fuse box under the passenger seat to the body control module. This morning it was unresponsive and no dash functions lit up so i was looking at where the bcm was when i moved the ribbon and interior lights came on and dash functions appeared along whit driver 1. Going to order the ribbon and see if its that before considering the bcm.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully it's still available. Maybe it just needs to have its contacts cleaned. DeoxIT is about the best contact cleaner out there.

The other contact cleaners would probably work well too.

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
Hopefully it's still available. Maybe it just needs to have its contacts cleaned. DeoxIT is about the best contact cleaner out there.

The other contact cleaners would probably work well too.
Order it if that doesn't work ebay has the ribbon for 19.00

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online