Is a massive insignia header necessary?

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
This site uses most of the basic functionality of any member-based vBulletin forum. I don't know customizable the portal is... But having so much dead space at the top seems pull away from eye-pleasing navigational structure and aesthetics. Can the owners tone down the header area a bit?

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
I kinda like the look of the site, maybe fill the void next to the logo with a truck of the month pic later. IMO.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
IslandRunner said:
maybe fill the void next to the logo with a truck of the month pic later. IMO.

If I remember correctly, I believe that's the plan :cool:

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
If I remember correctly, I believe that's the plan :cool:

Even so, utilizing 1/3 of my screen for header pics alone (whatever they are) seems a little unpolished and intrusive for each page. Maybe exclusive placement on the home page would be okay. But subsequent pages appeal more with a minimalistic approach.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Busterbrown said:
Even so, utilizing 1/3 of my screen for header pics alone (whatever they are) seems a little unpolished and intrusive for each page. Maybe exclusive placement on the home page would be okay. But subsequent pages appeal more with a minimalistic approach.

Well think about it, what do you want? For your screen to be 1/3 filled with a header showing the sites name and is in the making to fill the rest up, or the ads that TV had which slows down your computer and gets in the way. This is a new site that will be getting better and better as we go on. No business starts off perfect on day one. They grow and get better.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The site has only been here for a few weeks. During that time things have been brought online, the development of the logo, and it was opened to everyone this weekend. There is a lot of tweaking that is in the works. Jimmy has been working hard to get things going and work his regular job.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
The site has only been here for a few weeks. During that time things have been brought online, the development of the logo, and it was opened to everyone this weekend. There is a lot of tweaking that is in the works. Jimmy has been working hard to get things going and work his regular job.

:iagree: :goodpost:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Im-not-always-a-Nancy-But-when-I-am-Im-a-Negative-Nancy.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online