Interior dash changed

northcreek

Member
Jan 15, 2012
3,320
WNY
Nice!...but,what happened to the blue stink tree?:confused:....Mike
 

Joey71

Original poster
Member
Jun 5, 2012
171
TexazReece said:
Nice bro I also want to change my grey dash to a black 1

It's real easy, it's harder to find the damn thing than to change it. I have been doing little by little started in March and only have the two front seats left to change. Went from grey and cloth to SS and leather and I can't understand how someone would get these trucks without leather. I'm just a fan of the TB and wanted a toy to play with so I bought this one cheap.
 

Wex

Member
Dec 4, 2011
124
Why the paper above the ac vent? Did a little rattle develop? Was it mandatory to remove the steering wheel or was that change cosmetic? If I ever remove my dash, I would contemplate changing the recirc actuator just for the heck of it.
 

Joey71

Original poster
Member
Jun 5, 2012
171
No cards are my business cards i always carry close and easy to reach no rattle. And yes had to take steering wheel off to remove dash. Looking for a leather steering wheel now to replace as well
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
Joey71 said:
I can't understand how someone would get these trucks without leather.

Agreed, that's the beauty of used cars. You get all the expensive options for free with a little negotiating.
 

marinegrunt

Member
Oct 13, 2012
110
I just purchased an 2003 Sierra a few months ago. The grab bar on the passenger side dash has some damage to it. Can this piece be replaced by itself or does the whole dash have to to be replaced. Now for the next question. Where in the heck did you find the new dash? I've looked around but to to avail. Any suggestions on where to find one?

By the way, your dash looks great!
 

Joey71

Original poster
Member
Jun 5, 2012
171
marinegrunt said:
I just purchased an 2003 Sierra a few months ago. The grab bar on the passenger side dash has some damage to it. Can this piece be replaced by itself or does the whole dash have to to be replaced. Now for the next question. Where in the heck did you find the new dash? I've looked around but to to avail. Any suggestions on where to find one?

By the way, your dash looks great!

I'm not sure on the grab bar!!! But you have to do a lot of searching to find the dash. Just post it here and look on Craigslist. Junk yards also. And thank you on the looks great
 

marinegrunt

Member
Oct 13, 2012
110
I've seen on some other sites on the web where people have removed their dash and did a custom paint job. I've considered trying this. When I bought my Sierra there were some small chunks taken out of the grab bar. I filled them in with spray foam and then used a vinyl repair kit to bring the repair flush. It actually turned out decent. I just can't seem to get the paint to match. I even had a paint place try and mix it up but they can't adjust the paint to the original faded color. I've contemplated just pulling the whole dash and painting the whole thing. I know our dashes aren't exactly the same but I'm sure the removal is somewhat similar. Are there any hidden screws I need to look for or is it mainly held in by plastic and metal tabs? It tips for removal? Any advice is appreciated!
 

Joey71

Original poster
Member
Jun 5, 2012
171
marinegrunt said:
I've seen on some other sites on the web where people have removed their dash and did a custom paint job. I've considered trying this. When I bought my Sierra there were some small chunks taken out of the grab bar. I filled them in with spray foam and then used a vinyl repair kit to bring the repair flush. It actually turned out decent. I just can't seem to get the paint to match. I even had a paint place try and mix it up but they can't adjust the paint to the original faded color. I've contemplated just pulling the whole dash and painting the whole thing. I know our dashes aren't exactly the same but I'm sure the removal is somewhat similar. Are there any hidden screws I need to look for or is it mainly held in by plastic and metal tabs? It tips for removal? Any advice is appreciated!

I had to take cluster, radio, hvac controls out and steering wheel off too. Screw behind cluster and screws behind radio and hvac. Also behind glove box then that's when steering wheel needs to be off to be able to get dash out easy. Just don't be scared..and dig in screw by screw you'll see it's easy..that was the first one I did and my new dash is probably better then the oem..lol
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,330
Posts
637,982
Members
18,531
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online