Interesting issue

Stuntmanmike1977

Original poster
Nov 21, 2021
Sanford, Maine
Hey everyone. Probably unrelated to my usual issues but the protective housing cover for the rear fuse panel under the rear seat has been missing since I bought the truck. Looking for something/anything that relates to my fuel gauge issue and slightly wiggled the printed circuit board and everything in the truck shut off and the gauges recycled. Anyone tell me I have to replace this too now? Looks slightly damaged but I don't know electronics. What is this assembly called?

Attachments

• IMG_20240609_205043995.jpg
    IMG_20240609_205043995.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240609_205055316.jpg
    IMG_20240609_205055316.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240609_205128452.jpg
    IMG_20240609_205128452.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 7

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could just be dirty contacts. Water and soda pop finds its way there. Pull it out and clean the contacts with some CRC contact cleaners.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
If you need a little assistance/directions I can describe the process. That entire green cable can be removed and disassembled for a thorough cleaning.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

ultra...good

May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
Might not be related, but when re-installing the rear fuse cover there was a bit of resistance. The side facing the drive shaft was hitting the wire harness and had to push it out of the way for the cover to snap into place.

Little utility knife action and now it slides right over and snaps in place. Might be unique to my 05 envoy, might not.

Reactions: Stuntmanmike1977

ultra...good

May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
To add, it is not the fuse cover. (Maybe) I am referring to the cover not shown in your post. Probably the one u are looking for.

There are a bunch of these coming up on FB Marketplace. Local junkyard had 4 this past week. Dahl rd, 54143. Forget the name. Even had an X

Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
Hmmm. I wonder if this could be what's causing the issue in my 05 Trailblazer. Every so often when I hit a bump, all the lights on the dash come on, the radio turns off, the a/c compressor stops working but the blower motor still blows, and the windows and locks stop working.

To fix it, all you have to do is turn the headlights off and back to the right again. It'll reset everything until it happens again. Guess it's time to go mess with this thing and see if it does anything.

I also have another issue in that truck where the rear hatch continuously clicks any time the hatch is open. It makes the keyless entry stop working when it does it. Could be related to the first thing. I have no idea.

ultra...good

May 26, 2024
NE Wisconsin
Hmmm. I wonder if this could be what's causing the issue in my 05 Trailblazer. Every so often when I hit a bump, all the lights on the dash come on, the radio turns off, the a/c compressor stops working but the blower motor still blows, and the windows and locks stop working.

To fix it, all you have to do is turn the headlights off and back to the right again. It'll reset everything until it happens again. Guess it's time to go mess with this thing and see if it does anything.

I also have another issue in that truck where the rear hatch continuously clicks any time the hatch is open. It makes the keyless entry stop working when it does it. Could be related to the first thing. I have no idea.

This might help to isolate what circuit runs through which box

Reactions: midnightbluS10

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonu

Members Online