Interest in MY06 3" intake?

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
The My06 stock intake tracts neck down to 2.5" for a reason that only some obscure GM engineers know. Most of the intake is 3". There's only a couple of aftermarket offerings and they all keep the neck so that recalibration isn't necessary. Is there any interest in a true 3" intake? I would sell these packaged with a free reflash, so it would be plug-n-play and you'd get a larger power increase than that from K&N.

Here's a shot from PROSPHOTO where you can see the silly necking:

2551515_16_full.jpg

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
I'd Be in for my 03..... If you could delete the case that goes over the filter.... Or make a custom one out of thin aluminum or steel.... I was thinking about making one of these....

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
03envoy said:
I'd Be in for my 03..... If you could delete the case that goes over the filter.... Or make a custom one out of thin aluminum or steel.... I was thinking about making one of these....

Do 02-05s have the neck too? I thought it was only MY06+ for the MAF...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I assume you mean your tube pinches in some at the MAF? Here's a pic of my stock tube, it's 3" all the way through

StockIntakeTube.jpg

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
limequat said:
^^ Interesting. Thanks for the pic!

Sorry, didn't see your post. I would have posted a pic it looks the same as above I believe. Thanks

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
So where are we on this? I'd like a cheap replacement to connect straight to my Throttle. My current connects to the box.

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
fadyasha said:
So where are we on this? I'd like a cheap replacement to connect straight to my Throttle. My current connects to the box.

It's on the list of things to do!
I have a number of things in the pipe, deciding what's next (turbo up-pipe? VVT turbo controller?)
The flanges for the MAF are already being CNC cut. Then I have to borrow someone's truck for a mockup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online