Insurance Questions

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Well as some of you know, I rear ended someone last night so my insurance is gonna take care of them but I'm thinking of using my insurance and paying my deductible to get my truck fixed. It looks like it's mostly the Cross bar and the Bumper. If I have my insurance foot the bill, will it count against us by a lot? And if so, is it worth it trying to fix my truck out of pocket if it's not too much? I have State Farm if that makes any difference. Thanks Guys

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
My impression with no hard facts to back it up is that now the insurance company knows about the incident, there's no way to escape the hit you're going to take by limiting their payout.

In CA, you could be targeted for non-renewal of homeowner's insurance for even CALLING them to ask if you had coverage for mold, even if you didn't at the time have a mold issue. Once non-renewed, you were into the high risk pool because, as everybody knows, only high risk homeowners would have gotten themselves cancelled. Blaming the victim who might not even have been a victim.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
If you are certain that the damage is only the cross (impact) bar and bumper cover? If so, maybe you can upgrade to a well made aftermarket bumper made that could be found on this very site.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online