Installed DJM upper control arms, having issues.

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I put my DJM upper control arms in the other day. Took it for a ride today, and it's riding like complete garbage. It pulls randomly to both sides, and also feels like something is rubbing somewhere. I have belltech drop springs, and stock struts and shocks. I have no idea what the issue is, and might just take them out and deal with the negative camber issue, but I wasn't sure if an alignment would fix these issues.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Did you have an alignment performed after the drop springs? Was it wandering before the upper control arm swap? Keep in mind if the upper arms can alter the camber if they are aftermarket.

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
gmcman said:
Did you have an alignment performed after the drop springs? Was it wandering before the upper control arm swap? Keep in mind if the upper arms can alter the camber if they are aftermarket.

I got an alignment after installing the drop springs, but I still had negative camber. You can't correct the camber issues unless you install the DJM upper control arms. I waited to buy the control arms until the other day. It's obvious that they corrected the camber issues, but I can't drive the truck like this, it's that bad.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
05tbowner said:
I waited to buy the control arms until the other day. It's obvious that they corrected the camber issues

Only an alignment machine can see the difference, your eye won't see that half of a degree, probably even more off than that.

What Ryda said, you definitely need another alignment.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Pulling to one side or the other is an alignment problem. If toe-in is equal on both sides, but off spec, it will steer straight ahead when the weight on each tire is identical. But if one side gets a tiny bit less weight, the car will track where the other tire wants it to go.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
are these my modified upper a arms or the old regular djm design with issues?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online