Installed a OEM navigation, have problems..

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Bought a 15800001, gps sensor, a 2007 nav cd, and a bluefusion class 2 kit.

I wanted to test the nav system. So I tore apart my dash installed the nav system, with the ignigtion off. Turned the ignition to acc, and the nav turned on, read the nav disc fine. Showed my location perfectly. Went to try the radio, no sound. Opened the door, no chimes.

For the record, I own a EARLY 04 GMC Envoy XUV with a 6 disc BOSE.

Any one have a clue whats going on?

The Bluefusion class 2 system works perfectly with my 6 disc original radio. So I would think that means I have a LUX system, and I do have the LUX RPO code on my SPID sticker.

Any help would be greatly apreciated..

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Am I remembering correctly that you can tell its a Lux or Non-Lux by turning up and down the volume quickly? If the volume responds slowly, its a LUX, and if its instant, its a NON-Lux..

Can someone verify that?

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I thought the '04s and up were LUX, but without looking it up, I honestly do not know; however, the only reason I've added my :twocents: is just to ask if you had the trucks VIN programmed into the new radio. It won't work with out the VIN.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
From what I've been reading I got the impression that none of the GMT360 vehicles or trim levels of any year got it standard.

Tollkeeper, I have heard that posted before, I don't know if it's true.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
04.5 and up were NON-Lux. 04.5 and younger, were LUX. I missed the 04.5 and younger by 8 days!!!

So yea, I have a non-Lux. trying to find a replacement radio now. Either that, or I am going to continue the dream that some of you have for the 2 disc SAAB unit. Which I think I might do..

Also, you dont have to get the radio programmed to "test" the radio. If you get to the point of plugging in the radio, and turn your key over to ACC, then plug in the radio, it will turn on. Once you plug it in, open your drivers door. If you here the door chime, you have the correct radio. if you dont, you dont have the correct radio.

I did not hear my radio chime.. I did not have the right radio..

Anyone wanna buy a working Lux unit?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.