inner tie rod loose

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Went for a wheel alignment and they said my right inner tie rod is loose. Went on rock auto and only found inner tie rod ends. Can someone point to me where on rockauto is the entire tie rod please. Canadian tire quoted me at $130 for the part. i laughed at them. I also have a broken right side stabilizer link. But they also said my Left CV drive axel is missing (i haven't replaced my 4x4 disconnect so I haven't installed the axel back in. But wouldn't the passenger side be considered the right side drive axel and not the left? (if so i will have to look under neither to see what side the other two parts are actually on)

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
$130 was just the part on sale for $110 and i will be doing the fix with my father in law.

So basically i have to figure out which side they are talking about then before getting the parts.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Left and right tie rod ends are the same. They're symmetrical. Both inner and outer. Search YouTube and you should find my video on how to tell a loose inner. Many videos available on telling a loose outer. Wiggle the tire and look.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online