Im replacing the stock radio help.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I purchased a new radio for my daughters 03. The stock one isn't the bose just the cheap cd one. No XM or onstar. I want to know if anyone knows the correct wiring harness I will need for plug and play. We already have new speakers installed with the stock wiring. Here's what I bought. JVC KD-R950BT. I tried to post a link but it wont let me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The GMOS-01 should work for you.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
The gmos-01 would work just fine. If you don't mind losing RAP and chimes as well as having to run a wire to go to a fuse that is switched by ignition, you could get a cheaper harness like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA34A14J6669&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Car+Electronics+Accessories-_-9SIA34A14J6669

I did that on mine because I couldn't care for RAP or the annoying chimes. I can't remember if I still have my harness or not though so I can't offer you mine for sure.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He did say plug and play. And I'm sure he wants to keep the chimes for his daughter so she doesn't leave the lights on or the keys in the ignition.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
In a way, none of them are truly plug and play. The GMOS-01 needs to be connected to the headunits wires and adjust the speaker output for the chimes. As far as leaving the keys in the ignition I can't see how that is a possibility with someone, how can you leave your vehicle and not remember to grab the keys? lol. And with the lights, we have rundown protection so its irrelevant. :tongue: But yeah, I forgot about that little tidbit for plug and play. GMOS-01 is really handy to use. Only confusion I had when I set it up for my co-worker was when I saw both the accessory wires, I wanted to be 100% sure they both get joined together, not that I short anything out on it since it was for my co-workers wife.

edit: OP, I don't think it is an option without the onstar but I could be wrong, did your daughters truck come with steering wheel controls? If not then just the gmos-01 will be all you need. If she does, you will need another module to allow the steering wheel controls to work but it isn't truly needed if you don't mind sacrificing the feature.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I found one at Best Buy. They had the one with the chimes on sale for $23.00. Now I get to do all the fun wiring. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: kickass audio

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
That is a very good deal. I just hope you get one that works. I heard from several people that there were cheap ones out there that didn't work. If you need help let us know :thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hope it's not a Scosche. They have been known to crap out and mess up the data bus.

Reactions: kickass audio

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Knockin on wood here, but I'm one of the few that have a properly functioning Scosche. I've had it in the beaSSt for 4 years now. Fingers crossed :rotfl:

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I sat in my chair and soldered and shrink raped all the wires. She came over and installed it her self. Everything plugged in and worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Kyle and Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.