I'm quitting...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Still going strong here myself.. Been very tempting. Rode with my brother over the weekend in his car, and he is a chain smoker. Thought about asking for one, but I stood fast!@! BARELY!!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Still going strong here myself.. Been very tempting. Rode with my brother over the weekend in his car, and he is a chain smoker. Thought about asking for one, but I stood fast!@! BARELY!!

That's Great Brian!!!! That is the hardest part for me is being near someone who smokes, but it get's easier as time goes by. I still struggle with the same though. I just try to stay away from people who do smoke.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Props to you Voymom...I don't smoke but my parents did, step-parents did...and my mom is 3 weeks smoke free after 50 years. I have been hounding her for as long as I can remember, I grew up in second-hand smoke for almost 20 years and it really goes back to when they were popular and there was no real warnings....hard to convince someone that it's bad after all that time and get them to quit.

Since I don't smoke, I cannot relate to the difficulties of quitting, only provide support to when you and whomever does finally give them up. I agree it's a mental game but the addiction apparently is ridiculously strong so best of luck to you. Not sure what the doc told my mom but I made sure I called when she went in for her stomach pains and told them her diet and how much she smokes..only to aid in their diagnosis. She's a tough cookie and stubborn as an ox in concrete shoes, but since it really boils down to your health and well-being, I have no problems laying it out on the line for her. Granted I may be out of place at times but I don't really hold back and some tidbits of info are good to have circiling around in the back of your mind, I don't really go for the "Politically Correct" especially when your well-being is at stake.

Put a pic of your kids, or grandkids, on your smokes and be sure to look at them when you reach for the pack, think about how much of a pain it will be to haul around an oxygen tank....that's what I told her anyway. She was on the patch when she was in the hospital, on a prescription dose for the first week, then a reduced dose the second week. Now she's off the patch and doing much better, she talks on the phone without coughing up a lung. My best-friends G-ma died of emphysema and I saw it first hand when I was a teenager, left a mental scar and I will do everything in my power to keep my kids off the tobaccy and support anyone who attempts to quit.

Keep up the hard work....it only gets better each day. :thumbsup:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
bravader said:
I get the dreams to but I must admit I like the dreams. The dreams for me at least are just so realistic its rediculous lol,I won the lotto in the dream and literally woke up thinking i'm rich for a minute. My healthcare covered the pills 100 percent with no copay,I guess because it save them money in the long run.

I dug the dreams also. My most vivid was when I was fighting with a guy I (barely) know, on a ship (pirate style), on Lake Minnetonka in MN; all because he insulted my mother's honor (in my dream).:eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online