Identification and a Scavenger Hunt

Realism

Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Idaho
Last autumn I picked up this piece of torn rubber that somewhat resembled an over sized hockey puck. Found it around on my driveway close to where I normally park . Looked under the front end and didnt see anything amiss, then again it is dark and scary under there (gremlins and all), and I swear the thing gets lower every time I jack it up. Was going to figure out what it could possible be from, might not have even been a car part to be honest (I thought at the time). Had kids coming and going through the same area and other stuff. Well, things came up and I got distracted and tossed it into a compartment for later. Never noticed anything different from how it drove at that point, other than this annoying squeak that had already been there that occurred along with the suspension moving. Kind of like a plastic meets metal squeak.

Found it again today and took it with me to a parts store to see if they could help ID the wayward child. We looked all through different bushings and mounts with no success. Only identification on it is: FESM XL-34 1500192-AA. Got home and started coming the internet and stumbled across a TSB for an older GM vehicle that had the FESM tag in it. Front End Sheet Metal. Out to the voy I went and under the front. Turns out it is a part off of it that somehow sheared itself off, but the bolt remains in place. Front Driver's body mount/bushing. *A-ha moment . . . so that is the source of that insufferable squeak*
Ive been trying to track down the part, but using the terms: "Body mount, body bushing, cab mount, frame mount, etc etc" has got me zilch. Did a manual search through the online parts store and used rockauto.com and still coming up empty. I know I only have half a part to go off of, but can anyone tell me what the exact name is?

IMG_3009.JPG IMG_3010.JPG

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well if it is part of the body bushings I guess it is time to do a body lift. :poke:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You're referring to the cab bushing thing right?

Realism

Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Idaho
hmm... that diagram does make it a bit more clear to me. I included the " Cushion. Body to frame radiator" words in with searches and expanded, even looked direct under the site you posted for year make model and not finding it. Are these just generic for GMC?
I do believe you have come closer than I on this. I've been looking for a whole piece until it dawned on me that of course its going to be two separate pieces since one bolts up onto the other one, so the damage im seeing isnt tear, but wear and pressure damage. Just pushed itself off the bolt that was holding it up to.

Thinking that the rockauto listing might be the one then, top and bottom. I am assuming that if I replace one I have/(STRONGLY RECOMMENDED) to replace all of them. $40 for one piece is manageable, $430 for all 12, thats a bit much

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online